Headphones thread (and other related gear)

Reaction score
The title pretty much sums up this thread. I'm interested in hearing what other people use to listen to music (no gaming headsets allowed :booty: ). And before anyone say there's already a headphone thread, then take a look at it. It's about headsets. The two are completely different things.

I'll start out:
I have 2 headphones (and 1 headset, which I won't talk about)
2ae3cb9c6f2ae57ba6ca18760e2eefb8-480-80.jpg
These are my newest headphones, and I REALLY like them. They have a nice wide soundstage and have a very warm sound. They are also very comfortable.
audio_technica_ath_m50x_closed_back_professional_studio_1024222.jpg
These were my first really good headphones. I've swapped out the ear pads on them to some big red ones, so they've become more comfortable. They have very detailed sound, but they can be pretty fatigueing to listen, because they have a lot of treble, which creates sibilance.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about one of the things I'm looking at buying. I'm currently looking into acquiring a DAC and amp for my headphones. This combo (Objective 2 amp and Objective dac) is what I'm currently looking at:
EM1wO4L.jpg

Reaction score
I just use some wireless headset I found online for $30 and it sounds great for me. Lasts about 1-2 days but then I forget to charge it and I'm too lazy to charge it. I also lose it occasionally and get mad until I find it 3 days later in a drawer or some shit.

Reaction score
I'm not an Audiophile and just use my headset for everything. My brother does own a pair of Bose IE2 In-Ear Headphones and I use them when I felt like it once and they're pretty amazing even though they're a tad expensive, amazing sound quality in such a small package, bass is also awesome.
Bose_327279_0020_IE2_In_Ear_Audio_Headphones_727165.jpg

Reaction score
So, I've recently bought some new audio gear, so I thought I'd share.

Since it was my birtday this saturday, I got some gifts, 2 of them being some audio gear.
I got a pair of RHA in-ear headphones and an Audio-Technica AT2020 USB+ microphone. I also bought an SMSL M3 DAC/amp last summer, which I now use to drive my Fidelio X2s. Impressions for the new gear is down below.

Now, I bought these, as I wanted something smaller for all my school needs. My M50Xs were just too big to have in my bag. The IEMS are made completely out of stainless steel, and they feel amazing, but can be a bit cold because of the metal construction. They come with a nice case, a lot of plugs, and some sound filters, which can slightly increase volume of treble or bass. I personally use the treble filter, but others might like the bass or reference filters more. I've now been using these for the last 3 school days, and I love them. They have a slightly V-shaped frequency response, which means bass and treble is emphasized. This makes them pretty good for almost any genre of music. Personally, I'd like the midrange to be a bit louder, but that's just my opinion. I've tried them with basically all of the ear plugs, but I chose to just go with the standard size silicone ones, as they fit me the best without hurting sound quality. All in all, they sound great, and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a premium pair of IEMS.
473777-rha-t20-inline.jpg

Now, I can't say as much about this, as I have a lot less experience with microphones. I've gotten several reactions out of people while using this new microphone. I haven't had a bad reaction yet, but Jordan said he couldn't really tell a difference, although I doubt he was really listening. I really like this mic, and I will say something about it: I didn't get it to just use it for TS or GMod ;)
sa7hyqoevt1ihtseav84.jpg

Reaction score
I got a pair of Sony MDR-1000Xs back in June, solid pair of headphones. The wireless functionality of them can be a pain in the ass, unlike the Bose QC35s you can’t use these via wire when they run out of charge. You can’t use them and charge them st the same time either but they are rated up to 20 hours use and that has held up so far. The added noise cancelling is a saviour as well, great for hearing bobbys.