Helper Discussion

Reaction score
@Ayjay that is exactly what I would like to see. This is why I don’t want them to be classified as staff. :)

Deleted member 6228

@Husky We've been told to deal with helpers as normal players with just higher privileges, so I'd assume ARs.

Sam

Reaction score
@Code Monkey
@Ayjay I do not believe they should be given the same leeway as staff. 3 complaints before demotion. I am wondering the same thing as Husky.
Just to clarify, you mean accepted complaints right? And not complaints in general.

@Madda
Correct, helpers should be dealt with as normal players.
What if your complaint is not in regards to them breaking rules, but rather their general knowledge? What would one do if one felt a Helper should not hold their position, due to them maybe giving out wrong information etc... Surely we can not make an AR for that? Staff or not, they hold a position within the community.

Reaction score
Can someone make a thread to explain what helpers exactly do and how much authority they have as "staff members"?
Are helpers considered as staff members or players with more permissions? Should I listen to a helper like I'd listen to a moderator for example?
Their job is also kind of vague to me. Yes they help with stuff but is there a more detailed explanation to it?
I might be missing something but from the threads I've read, some questions have not been answered. I think an official thread specifically for this role would be great.

@Madda @Collier @Bolli

Reaction score
Helpers are now considered the lowest role in the staff team I believe. You need to be helper for I believe 2 weeks to apply for Enforcer. Enforcers have been given some more permissions e.g noclip etc.

Reaction score
Yes, even if I got accepted I'd still ask about what exactly we are supposed to do. The general idea of "helper" wouldn't really change.

Reaction score
Way back when helper was the precursor to enforcer, but you could apply for enforcer straight away (iirc). I like the way it is now, helper is more of a dedicated role, it doesn't imply that you are expected to continue within the staff team, and it gives those who might not want too or can't join the staff team due to time issues or whatever a position that best fits them. Overall, I think its a step in the right direction and does no harm :). However, i do see the issue of giving them 'staff discretion.'

A helper shouldn't be able to dictate an RP situation.