Police Suggestion Higher Dispatch salary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Note: A similar suggestion was already accepted by Fredy in 2016, but as far as I can see has yet to be functionally implemented

Brief description of idea:
Increase Dispatcher salaries at the default $110 to:
  • Probationary Dispatcher: $150 (+40)
  • Dispatcher: $210 (+100)
  • Senior Dispatcher: $350 (+240)
  • Head of Dispatch: $550 (+340)
These are pretty extreme but you get the general idea something like this

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
As of now, there is no salary scaling based upon rank as there is when on duty as a Police Officer, meaning that Dispatchers get the bare minimum salary of $110. Given that Dispatch is one of the most buggy and non user-friendly jobs on the server, as well as being one of the most stressful, there is little incentive to play it given that you make more money as a regular patrol officer than a dispatcher.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
There are rarely ever any Dispatchers on, so it's not like it's going to be a money drain for the city funds. I see no downsides to this - it will incentivise dispatchers to be online for longer.

Other additions:
fix dispatch please :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with this. Dispatch is a very intense job to hold and during busy times, it can be very overwhelming. I think a pay increase could motivate more people to do it more often.

Reaction score
+1

I think Dispatchers will need a bit more then a pay bump to get back into the job, but it's a step in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.