House alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: -on mobile device, will link l8r-

Main Idea: Make any form of forced entry able to set off house alarms, this includes battering ramming, c2ing, fireaxing, zombie fisting, and breaking windows.

Full description of the idea: House alarms are currently only able to be triggered by bobby pinning going wrong, crowbarring, or bombing. It makes no sense that delicately fiddling with a lock can trigger a house alarm, or even forcing it open with a crowbar, yet smashing it open with a huge battering ram, smashing it apart with an axe, and blowing it off its hinges doesn't set off the alarm.

On top of this, more burglaries occur by someone forcing entry via a window than a door, and as a result, it's more common for people to install security systems on there Windows than on there doors, and almost every home security system that comes with a door alarm will also include sensors that you stick to your windows which pick up sudden movement in case someone smashes your window.

Why should it be added?: for the sake of realism and balance, as well as a beyond decent reason to invest in home security systems. Will also allow players to know when the police are raiding there property when they're away from it.

Pros:
- Realism and balance
- Being raided by cops will be more atmospheric thanks to the blaring alarm

Cons:
-no more smashing puffer mart Windows with props.

Reaction score
+support

I think that having an improved house alarm when installed by the player would give a much better experience for people being raided and the police department.

The only question I would have is: what would happen to people that raid frequently, knowing that they are at a disadvantage by the new and improved house alarm? :edit: I

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
I think that having an improved house alarm when installed by the player would give a much better experience for people being raided and the police department.

The only question I would have is: what would happen to people that raid frequently, knowing that they are at a disadvantage by the new and improved house alarm?

Other than the Window breaking thing, this won't change much for raiders as all means of forced entry raiders can do can trigger the alarm. This will be more of a handicap for the PLPD.

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Changing it to a support since I love the idea of an improved house alarm.

Reaction score
accepted.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.