How to play without being banned?

Reaction score
Hey, last time I played perp was back in June of 2016 and have 8 bans and 13 warnings.

This is because i really got pissed off when i got arrested or lost all my items, I was also really immature back then and most of my band were received in 2014 and 2015 due to trolling.

I really want to play this mod as it's extremely fun but need tips to calm down and not break rules.

How do I help myself to remember rules and not get banned. I don't want to get banned and just want to have fun.

Is there anyway I can get a completely clean slate?

After looking at most of my band requests they were all mostly received while being a police officer. So i think i should try something else.

EDIT: Worded this wrong as I was in a rush and wasn't thinking.

What I wanted to ask was, what has changed, wanted to say hello and how to play properly and how to avoid bans and the best way to play,

When i used to play I kept getting banned and breaking rules as a police officer unintentionally and because of anger issues, those have been solved now and I'm more mature, so I'm wondering how to play and have fun without getting bans and not being a police officer as that turned out wrong. I'd like to be a paramedic, so what tips to give?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, last time I played perp was back in June of 2016 and have 8 bans and 13 warnings.

This is because i really got pissed off when i got arrested or lost all my items, I was also really immature back then and most of my band were received in 2014 and 2015 due to trolling.

I really want to play this mod as it's extremely fun but need tips to calm down and not break rules.

How do I help myself to remember rules and not get banned. I don't want to get banned and just want to have fun.

Is there anyway I can get a completely clean slate?

After looking at most of my band requests they were all mostly received while being a police officer. So i think i should try something else.
Dont close your gmod if it says ''HL2.EXE has stopped working'' and the screen turns white.

Reaction score
Believe it or not if you follow the rules you won't be banned!

the-more-you-know.jpg

Reaction score
What I usually taught people when I was mod, was that you study the rules to a t.
If you thereafter break the rules; for each day you are banned, you give yourself 10 whiplashes on your back.
This way you are incentivized to never break the rules again for fear of being whipped.
Hope this helped you

Reaction score
A Good way to avoid it is using the comment function. That way you can avoid warnings on the forums for 2.2

That being said, following the rules isn't that hard. I've had one ban in the past 3 years and that ban was me being a drunk idiot. Read the rules throughoutly and stay calm. It honestly isn't that hard.

Reaction score
I have been around since evocity and I know that most bans are due to violent actions against other players (Raids etc.)

That being said if you avoid unnecessary risks and keep your emotions in check it can help alot but there is one term I have. There is no point knowing the rules if you do not understand their meanings and reason. I also tried the trick of considering what if the rule did not exist, what would the server be like?

Back in evocity you could pull weapons at gunpoint, molotov stores for no reason, take a hostage and solo a bank raid, carry weapons around (There was no transporting law meaning many had pistols always on them)

I hope this helps because if I first joined alot later I would have alot more bans.

Reaction score
A Good way to avoid it is using the comment function. That way you can avoid warnings on the forums for 2.2

That being said, following the rules isn't that hard. I've had one ban in the past 3 years and that ban was me being a drunk idiot. Read the rules throughoutly and stay calm. It honestly isn't that hard.

There's no comment function on mobile site :(

Deleted member 4983

I usually scroll through the accepted AR's or just go into sourcebans and look at the bans, might help.

Reaction score
pull your ethernet cable so when you fuck up you can blame it on your internet :kappa:

just make sure you understand all the rules, like to an extent you can explain them all highly in depth to someone else. just know them, my record is quite nice so it worked out well for me

tldr; read and repeat, not necessarily all, small parts.