How to tow a vehicle. [Roadcrew Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How do I tow a vehicle?

I noticed, that the most common question from players who join the Roadcrew, for the first time, is: "How do I tow a car?". So, I'm making this detailed guide to make it easier for you.

[You can find a similar guide to this, on MoronPipllyd's job guide.]

-

First of all, after you become Roadcew, you need to spawn the Roadcrew vehicle. You can do so by talking to the Roadcrew NPC and choose the first option.

roadcrew1.jpg

roadcrew2.jpg

Then you will notice that the Roadcrew vehicle has spawned outside.

roadcrew3.jpg

Now, there's a little box on the back of the vehicle as being showed in the picture below. Put the fists setting on and press E on it. Then the hook will start to unfold.

roadcrew4.jpg

roadcrew5.jpg

Right click on the hook to grab it.

roadcrew6.jpg

Put it on the vehicle until it's stuck on it and carefully press right click again, to un-grab the hook.

roadcrew7.jpg

roadcrew8.jpg

Go back to the box, press E on it, again, to tow it.
[Be sure to interact again with the box when the vehicle is towed]

roadcrew9.jpg

roadcrew10.jpg

Once you're done, put the fists setting and press E on the hook to unstuck it from the car.

roadcrew11.jpg

That's it!

Don't forget to put a boot on the vehicle to prevent the owner from using it, before you tow it.

roadcrewboot.jpg

Also, be sure to have your lights on (Shift key) when you're towing a vehicle in the middle of the road.

roadcrew12.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adsol, the guides you keep making are great. Thank you so much, you will be a great asset to those who join newly.

Reaction score
Great guide, i can see how helpful this will actually be to others, good job!

Deleted member 5920

Can you add that lights doesnt mean you can run red lights? Good job btw

Reaction score
I think you missed to show how to properly apply the hook to the car. 99% of time people put the hook on cars in an awkward way and tow the car on the side or even killing them self because of it.

To properly hook a car, simply do this:
  1. Grab the hook from the side, aiming in the middle of it, while its on the ground, laying there flat.
  2. Slowly go sideways with the hook into the center front or rear of the car.
  3. Release as soon as you hear the hook snapping on.
  4. Reel it in.
If done correctly the car should be perfectly reeled in, and not crooked in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.