Static Phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Individualized Cell Phones

Full description of the idea:
The player will create a cell phone number and a password used to log into their phone, or for that matter any phone in Paralake. Once they have logged into their phone, they will not have to continue/repeat logging in on that certain phone. The player can only create one phone number, but it is not a serviced number (So calling and texting is a no-go), however, they can go to Police Department and speak with the receptionist to verify the number, which would then link that number to the Paralake Police Database that Crpls. higher would have the chance to see. Afterward, officers of a certain rank within the Police Department would be able to see certain aspects of the phone number such as incoming/outgoing texts, calls, teamspeak calls/timelogs of that. Ect Ect.

• Cell Phone numbers would be only 7 characters (Like how they are now)
  • Users will make their own cell phone numbers
    • Numbers in beginning field may not repeat whatsoever. (I.e 442, 122, 121)
    • Numbers in the last field may not repeat more than twice. (3331, 0222)
    • Numbers in the beginning field may not repeat in the last field (i.e 532-0532)
    • Cell phone numbers may not be inappropriate (i.e 666-4200)
  • Any staff member has the priority cell phone number choice and may make there number prior to the release.
  • You cannot change your phone number at any point of time unless authorized by a Captain or higher.
  • Passwords may only be changed/reset once a week.
  • Cell phone numbers may not be the same of bank account numbers.
  • Staff (Administrator or higher) may change your phone number if appropriate.
  • Police (Crpl and higher) may confiscate your phone and look into specific details of it (call logs, texts, ect. ect) only if necessary and they believe you are in contact with a currently wanted suspect.
  • Phones, if used inappropriately such as a way to keep in touch with a wanted suspect may be confiscated entirely as evidence (such as weapons and drugs) for the police to use and investigate into.
  • Police (Lt. and higher) may use the confiscated phone to use in order to deceive and arrest a suspect if it is of the lawful and good nature, with the intent of the safety of others and the Paralake Police Department.
  • It shall be a law that it is against to take others phones with the intent to achieve, obtain, or use the evidence inside one's phone.
  • It shall be unlawful to deceive an officer by giving him a phone with significant evidence that would otherwise commit a raid, fine, add any additional charges, or otherwise harm the detainee in any other way. This law could stack with either law 10.1 - Harassment, Alarm and Distress, or 6.1 - Provision of False Information.
  • It is unlawful to take a cell phone and claim it is an officers phone.
  • Cyberbullying is a crime (Liable to 2 years maximum imprisonment and $1,000 fine)
  • Causing harm, rather physical or emotional to another individual through any form of mobile device, or rather communication could count as law 9.1 - Physical Assualt
  • If you are found guilty of committing Cyberbulling and that person is harmed in any way due to an action you told them to do, you are liable to the above laws stated.
  • If you are found to have told another individual to commit any crime within the Paralake Penal Code through mobile device or communication methods, you are liable to be charged with the crimes another has committed, rather through persuasion, threatening, or any other emotional abuse.
  • If satisfactory, an officer has the discretion to release the one who has committed the crime and has the right to double your sentences.

Why should it be added?: It would give finding a criminal a little more flare and the criminal more aspects and other factors to look for. Don't worry there are rules over this.

Pros: Stated Above

Cons: Long to implement..But also stated above.

*Other additions: None

Just a quick sidenote, I poured a lot of thought into this along with my heart and soul...Please only make reasonable suggestions and lets not go batshit crazy over the idea...No worrys its not implemented the next time you'll go on, lol.

Reaction score
Everyone already has a number it will become a mess if everyone has to choose a number themselves and verify it again and add eachother to contacts again. The system how it is works fine. Yes maybe some of your idead could be inplemented but the choise of a phone number would be a big no to me.

Reaction score
Everyone already has a number it will become a mess if everyone has to choose a number themselves and verify it again and add eachother to contacts again. The system how it is works fine. Yes maybe some of your idead could be inplemented but the choise of a phone number would be a big no to me.
How about they randomize the numbers, which will make it much easier than making new numbers alone. You also don't need to add your friends again if you change numbers.

Reaction score
How about they randomize the numbers, which will make it much easier than making new numbers alone. You also don't need to add your friends again if you change numbers.
The numbers are already random i do not see the problem or need to change phone numbers

Reaction score
No because I'll lose my fucking phone number when I get mugged by a sweater.

(I've memorised my PERP phone number, how sad am I?)

Though this idea sounds fun and all, not to mention it adds realism xd, I suspect it would be hard to implement, due to the unique ID that would have to be applied to each individual phone so anyone can retrieve only that phone's data, and the fact that people would have to inform loads of people that their number has changed.

And let's be honest here, you are going to have your phone mugged off you far too often for this to be anything but incredibly annoying.

Cool in theory, fucking nightmarish in practice imo

Sorry, didn't read it properly. I still believe it would be overcomplicated and difficult to implement. Logging into a phone seems a bit shit imo

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Numbers in beginning field may not repeat whatsoever. (I.e 442, 122, 121)
  • Numbers in the last field may not repeat more than twice. (3331, 0222)
  • Numbers in the beginning field may not repeat in the last field (i.e 532-0532)
  • Cell phone numbers may not be inappropriate (i.e 666-4200)
why these though? my real phone number has the exact same numbers in the first 'field' as in the last 'field' obviously not going to share what it is but it only helped me remember it really...

further did @Allen Kennedy already say what I was going to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.