Increase the paycheck for all jobs (excluding officer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Increase the paychecks for each job to a much higher amount, To get a basic idea I made a list below.

• Paramedic - Raise to at least $450 per minute ($787 per minute as VIP)
  • Firefighter - Raise to at least $350 per minute ($612 per minute as VIP)
  • Roadcrew - Raise to at least $400 per minute ($700 per minute as VIP)
  • Taxi Driver - Raise to at least $250 per minute ($437 per minute as VIP)
  • Courier - Raise to at least $350 per minute ($612 per minute as VIP)
  • Secret Service - Raise to at least $400 per minute ($700 per minute as VIP)
  • Mayor - Raise to at least $400 per minute ($700 per minute as VIP)
These can be adjusted further this is just a basic idea.

Why should this be added? (pros):

• Jobs won't be empty 24/7
  • Passive rp will be more common

What negatives could this have? (cons):

• None that i can think of

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
You can actually make a nice amount as firefighter as random fires spawns.

Reaction score
Love this suggestion. This used to be more balanced back in the former years of PH.

Reaction score
@Husky Money holds all it;s value, that's why you see no one on a job anymore, in 2014 - 2016 you would see cop maxed out all day now you're lucky to even see the slots get filled for cop never mind the other jobs.

Deleted member 4084

You're very likely to see some form of wage push inflation (such as increased prices for VIP in-game, gun prices etc.) along with this, but overall I do reckon an increase in wages for those jobs are very much needed to further incentivise role-play.

When I used to play as a firefighter you earnt next to nothing and so it was very annoying (aside from forest fires which were extremely good streams of money, however, occurred very rarely and staff usually would extinguish fires anyways).

Deleted member 4084

With the increased money being made, to increase/stabilise profit margins it'd be clever to increase prices or even material prices by a small amount.

Reaction score
@Harris Then raising the paycheck would be pointless if everything else rose too, the point is drugs are so good for money that no one does anything else on the server, even cop now struggles to fill up.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly. The more players with jobs, the faster the city funds will go up.

Deleted member 4084

@LEWIS 088 We wouldn't be negating it at all, simply a small increase would create balance for all. I'm not suggesting increasing it so then it equals the change in pay.

Reaction score
For those considering accepting this, I come with a counter proposal. Decrease PD pay, and raise all other jobs pay to match PD pay. Also decrease drug payout. Currently drugs make way too much money and the economy has been boosted like crazy. People growing for a week have more money than I ever had in the past 7 years. Having everything make about the same amount of money (drugs a little bit more obviously) would allow people to choose how they want to roleplay and then its not just PD or criminal.

Sam

Reaction score
Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Jobs won't be empty 24/7
  • Passive rp will be more common

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • None that i can think of

This seems much more like a "quick" fix than something long term. A problem we currently have on the server is that people can get their hands on a lot of money quickly. This creates a giant problem, as when you have reached the goal of getting the car you wanted and all the guns you love, your playtime will decrease or you will resort to raiding sweaters like some... In perp you always need a goal, that next car or that next gun. throwing more money into the system is not a viable long term solution. It would be a reckless decision, just like all the other times when prices has been changed without looking at the overall server economy.

If paychecks are going to be changed, then we need to sit down and look at all sources of money. And balance them, rather than just fixing the issue by giving people more money. One long term solution could be, to lower the yield of drugs if you have been growing drugs from the past 8 hours, or if you have over x amount of playtime.

Throwing money in to increase "passive rp", is ridiculous, of course you should earn money while doing medical rp, but if we really want to encourage proper rp, then we should add gameplay functionality for this. For example, you could be given extra money if decided to actually transport people to the hospital in an ambulance for checkup, and stuff like that. Just throwing money at people won't make them roleplay, sure it might make the job a bit more attractive for a while for some people, but in the long term it won't increase passive rp.There is a lot of roleplay things we can add to different jobs. We just need you to make good and proper suggestions, most roleplay suggestions have been pretty bad, where it would never be used or where it is completely useless. But for medic, taxi driver, courier, roadcrew and firefighter there is a lot of opportunities. I personally think, it's better to reward for action than just throwing money at people every minute.

Reaction score
To add on to this, it also just encourages people to go on duty as FF for example and just semi-afk for a while. It doesn't do anything but let you play perp as if it's an idler.

Reaction score
There has been many great ideas over the last 6 years which have all been denied or placed into accepted but then never actually done. the point is no one goes on these jobs anymore.

Sam

Reaction score
Many ideas have been accepted but not implemented yes, for a while all development stood still which resulted in backlog creation, and in recent days people post way too many suggestions.

When people make suggestions they should consider,
1) Is this really needed?
2) Is this worth the developers time? Could they instead spend the time on something else?

Most suggestions that have not been accepted/denied and that have been laying around for a while are good suggestions! But there will never be time for them.

One duty Ayjay had as CM was to look through suggestions and make a development roadmap. But as always life happens and comes first, so Ayjay decided to leave to focus on other stuff. So right now we have no one who has the time to go through everything, as I see it CM is currently a PR Manager with event perms, it’s no where close to what was meant to be. So when a developer gets time they take the next best suggestions..

If you find a old really good suggestion, PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.