John Redheart's new rap

Reaction score
Seriously conceited if you think this rap is about megalolis. Please get over it. I did. Why not just listen and give some reasonable criticism
Your rap "style" is not for me. The instrumental is decent but unsure if you made that or not. I dont really have much more feedback than that sorry good sir.

Reaction score
Appreciated
I'll switch it up in the next one to find a better style. I was told this is more horrorcore and I'm personally not trying to do horrorcore. But I was told by multiple people in one of those rap discords it's good for what it is. Same criticism but more detailed. I'll get there no worries.

Reaction score
i was born, grew up, died, and was reborn as the wise mystical tree before the intro ended

maxresdefault.jpg

the mixing is absolute ass i have no clue what ur saying at all, doesnt help that u sound like an asthmatic with SARS

the lyrical content i could hear was just edgy with 0 purpose for being so, u are saying nothing of value at all while seemingly trying to do so

the flow sounds like blueface but at least he was trying to miss the beat

we making it back into the hood with this one bro

Reaction score
i was born, grew up, died, and was reborn as the wise mystical tree before the intro ended

maxresdefault.jpg

the mixing is absolute ass i have no clue what ur saying at all, doesnt help that u sound like an asthmatic with SARS

the lyrical content i could hear was just edgy with 0 purpose for being so, u are saying nothing of value at all while seemingly trying to do so

the flow sounds like blueface but at least he was trying to miss the beat

we making it back into the hood with this one bro
this coming from a guy that listens to breakcore and jungle is crazy, but i agree

Reaction score
Time to make use of my music degree, Stuff like this is the only time its ever really come in handy at this point.

You should double track your vocals (Record them twice). Try and make sure both separate takes sound as close to one another as possible, In terms of timing, key, and pronunciations. the subtle differences that come naturally will add more depth to the vocals. Pan one vocal track to the left, and one to the right. If you plan on using effects for a chorus or anywhere, you'd want them, Track those separately too. Your main vocals should be 2 tracks panned to each side at least. Ad libs could be done in a single track since they aren't really all too important and double tracking those makes it more pronounced and sounds better overall.

Recording 2 vocal tracks and panning them to each side adds depth, thickens the sound, makes it blend more with the beat, and just sounds far more professional.

A touch of reverb won't hurt for vocals too, just make sure you use it liberally.

Other effects that might come in handy and what they do:
- Chorus: Emulates subtle differences between multiple tracks, essentially simulating what was described above. Don't really use it as an alternative to double tracking though.
- Delay: Might come in handy for ad libs and choruses, or to pronounce something you want to get across as a point.
- Octaver: Pitch shifts a track below and / or above your regular one. Can be used in rap I guess, quite nicely if done right.

Fuck with effects and see what you get, I guess.