John Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: Archibald // Archi Standish-doman
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Unknown // John Romano
His/Her SteamID: Unknown
Why Should This Player Be Punished:
Before i start, i am going to add a little back story. So i was a police officer and John was a road crew and within minutes of my first patrol he breaks various traffic laws and as a result i decided to put him in jail for 2 years because he crashed into the back of my cruiser, mounted the pavement to cut the corner and was driving all over the place (Ordinarily i would have given him a ticket but i saw him as a threat to citizens lifes). After he is released from jail i see him again, this time he was in front of me in the queue to get onto the highway.

At this point, Jeffery Geeza, was trying to be annoying by not going on the green light and so a bit of a queue was building up. John, the roadcrew, in front of me then proceeds to overtake the queue and lead onto the highway when the light was red. This is the first rule breakage. Then he stops at the officers car and repairs it for them. At this point in time i forgot that you could handcuff roadcrew even as a non-supervisor so i proceed to do a /me handcuffs the roadcrew. To which he ignores and gets back into his truck. This is the second rule breakage. He finally decides to stop at bazaar and i start to converse with him, i explain to him that skipping the red light for "a call out" is not a good enough reason and so i told him i am going to be taking him to jail because if there were other cars on the road then there could have been fatalities. And so i restrain him and ask him to come over to my police cruiser, i turn around and he has disconnected. This was the final and biggest rule broken.

John Romano had broke 3.22 Highway Driving - within the rule it states:
3.22 Highway Driving- Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic
maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp.
In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection, this includes stopping at red lights.
However if a player can provide reasonable proof that their life is in danger or they are being chased by the police they may disregard this rule.
John decided to skip the red light at the main highway intersection because an officer had "called him out and was in need". This is not reasonable proof that his life was in danger and by no means was he being chased by the police at this time.
------
Also 3.26 '/me' function was broken. I understand that technically it shouldn't count here as the handcuffing procedure can be "effectively depicted within the game" although at the time i didn't realise that non-supervisor officers could handcuff government employees. Either way, John still completely ignored and blanked the /me.
------
And finally, 6.5 Disconnecting from the Server - within the rule it states:
6.5 Disconnecting from the Server - When disconnecting from the server players must ensure that they are not a part of any role-play or administrative situations, this includes being unconscious. It is also prohibited for a player to disconnect from the server with the sole intention of saving possessions. However if a player can provide a reasonable explanation for disconnecting during role-play they should do so by informing a staff member with the use of the /report function. This rule is directly subject to an Administrator’s discretion.
John Romano had clearly entered into a roleplay situation at the second i had turned on my lights at the intersection and this roleplay situation continued all the way up until the point he left. I do not think he timed out as he was speaking to me just seconds before he left. I also feel that he disconnected to stay out of jail due to the fact that as soon as i asked him to come to my police cruiser, he disconnected.

Evidence (Demo Required):
0.07 - You can see the queue waiting to get onto the highway
0.30 - You can see the lights turn red
0.35 - You can see John (Roadcrew truck) heading through the red light
1.34 - You can see me perform the '/me' to which John ignores
2.13 - John finally stops
3.50 - I tell him in LOOC that he broke rule 3.22 by skipping the red light
4.14 - I ask him to come to my police cruiser
4.16 - He vanishes (Disconnected)
Tick:
Whole situation starts at 42000

Reaction score
This user has clearly disconnected in the role-play situation and by running the lights, not only did he break 3.22, he broke rule 4.1 by breaking law 9.3. Not much else to say apart from the 3.2, ignoring the /me action. Clear +SUPPORT from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.