Kar98K and Springfield rifle

Brandito

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Description of the idea: these are 2 bolt action rifles from WWII (kar98k for Nazi Germany) (Springfield for US) I think these could be new sniper rifle weapons that COULD be added. (kar98K is firearms 101 and Springfield firearms 102)

Why should this be added? (pros): Adds some new weapons to use, different diversity of history in weapons

What negatives could this have? (cons): I don't see anything wrong with this idea.

Reaction score
In my opinion, there are already enough weapons; and it's quite a task to properly get all the functioning stuff for such weapons; models, animations, functioning parts, proper texturing.. I believe XQuality managed to get all of the weapons to work, I recall him getting a list of weapons from someone/somewhere and it took him a long ass time to put together.

I just don't see a reason to go through all of that trouble just to make two weapons when there are already two/three bolt action rifles of which you can use,

Reaction score
If someone had models or was willing to model these, I suspect they’d probably be a lot more likely to accept this - but without models it’s a lot of work for guns that are very rarely going to be used.

Reaction score
We could just skip these two rifles entirely and add a Mosin with a sawed off variant for concealed sniping.

firearm-Mosin-Nagant-1.jpg

800px-Mosin-Nagan-obrez.jpg

On a more serious note, the Intermediate calibre Bolt action rifles we have as is are rarely used on PERP due to SR-25s and M14s being good enough and for anything they aren't good enough for, we have the M82 and AS50.

Brandito

Communication Banned
Reaction score
i mean why cant we add the springfield and kar98k? there are pictures they can copy of

Reaction score
i mean why cant we add the springfield and kar98k? there are pictures they can copy of
It doesn’t work like that, you can’t just get a picture of them.

Modelling as well as animations isn’t an easy process and not something that’s going to be done from the ground up just for these 2 guns, that will be rarely used.

Reaction score
As censored said, Modelling doesn't work like this. You have to first Model the gun itself, then add any misc details etc, then colours and any final touches. Afterwards, you need to then have animations work for the firearm.
I don't think you understand how modelling etc works.

Sam

Reaction score
We currently don’t have anyone who can do this for us. Making a firearm like these is not just a 5 minute job.

If these are to be added, someone will have to make the models. If you want to give it a shot, let me know!

Reaction score
We currently don’t have anyone who can do this for us. Making a firearm like these is not just a 5 minute job.

If these are to be added, someone will have to make the models. If you want to give it a shot, let me know!
Serious - if I was to pay someone to model an mp40 and animate it, could it be added?

(Also these guns too)
(Also these guns too)

Deleted member 1235

Serious - if I was to pay someone to model an mp40 and animate it, could it be added?

(Also these guns too)
(Also these guns too)
Hauptmann why are you pointing that MP40 to Mr Steinberg?