Lag Spike Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello guys I have like many others been getting lag spikes effecting my gameplay severely but I have wondered how many are being effected and how. I have created this thread to ask anyone effected to come forward and share their experiences with the lag spikes and hopefully find a fix that will work for everyone. @Bolli @Fredy @MrLewis and @StephenPuffs will be tagged for this in the hopes that they find a solution in this thread.

All you need to do is vote and post about how the lag spikes has effected you, the steps you have taken to try and resolve them, computer specs and how long the lag spikes has been effecting you.

I have recently rejoined the server after the TFU/Lights update to find severe lag spikes like everyone else leading to damaging my car and effecting the gameplay of others by having to drive around at 30mph with hazard lights on. Before the update my lag spikes were only minor and caused only by demo's and rarely lights from cars and firearms.

Before rejoining I fully reinstalled garrys mod and updated windows several times. I have lag on no other servers.

Graphics Card - Radeon 6750 HD
Memory - 8GB (Duel 4GB Sticks)
Processor - AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor

I have verified my files several times, lowered garrys mod graphics to the minimum (Not including texture and model detail), Deleted all unused demo's, Deleted fast download cache, Downloaded workshop content, attempted to change maximums of dynamic lights with minimal effect,

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've been having some microsttutering since around the time of the TFU update but it wasn't too bad. Today when I connected in the morning I had no issues with any lag and everything was smooth. When I went on recently however I was lagging like shit for a solid hour but it seems to have stopped now and everything feels better for now.

Wiz

Reaction score
One thing that help me sincerely was using my "GeForce Experience" software to optimize my settings to the best ones for my PC. You could do the similar thing inside Gmod's settings, the "*" settings are recommended for your pc, but GeForce Experience helped me more than everything else I've tried, and I too got a potato pc

Status
Not open for further replies.