[CLOSED] Anyway to reduce the current lag spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, since the TFU & lights update i get terrible lag spikes.
This causes me not to drive as a police officer since i'd probaly end up recklessly driving.
I've tried using r_shadows 0 and r_3dsky 0 to increase the fps, but it doesn't reduce the lag spikes.
I've also uninstalled all my addons and now only got the perpheads content to improve my performance but it didn't do much.
I would love to play perp as an officer because i'd like to improve within the PLPD but i can't be asked to go on patrol with these lag spikes.

If anyone would be able to help me i'd greatly apprecaite it.

Note: Yes i do know multiple people have the same issue as me , but i think i have it really badly for some reason.

Reaction score
If its at certain times it is the demos being saved i get it but if its FPS try lowing your graphics. but do not lower model details they need to stay on high.

Reaction score
Its basicly every 10 seconds, should not be my specs i7 & gtx 970 ram 24gb
Make sure you hdmi cable or VGA cable (the cbale whoch shows your computer on the screen) is plugged in the graphics card on the back. it happened to me i was dumb af and pluged it in in the deaflut slot whihc game me I7 graphics instead of 970 graphics

Reaction score
Make sure you hdmi cable or VGA cable (the cbale whoch shows your computer on the screen) is plugged in the graphics card on the back. it happened to me i was dumb af and pluged it in in the deaflut slot whihc game me I7 graphics instead of 970 graphics
Mate it is only for gmod, would be quite weird if that was the issue.

Reaction score
I've had the exact same problem since the update which has lead to me not really enjoying the server right now, if you have Shadowplay turn it off as that drastically improved my problem but didn't fix it, hope it helps.

Reaction score
Stephen pushed an update on Saturday to potentially fix the lag spike issue. It was fixed for Sdac, does anyone still experience this issue?
I didn't know that. I will be testing it out tommorow or maybe still today will update this post.
[DOUBLEPOST=1497904312,1497810858][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: For me the lag spikes definintly have improved but not all of it. I am still getting a lot more lag spikes compared to before the TFU & light update. But Yes it has improved for me. I've also tried playing without shadowplay on but not much noticable difference for me.

Once again, yes it has improved for me and for others its really good. But for me no, (so something on my end)
Yes i've tried reinstalling , verifying and everything im just unlucky.

Reaction score
Upon returning to the server I have had these spikes every 5 seconds, no matter what I did nothing helped.

I was hoping to come back and enjoy the server but due to this moving around is almost impossible.

Reaction score
Okay i've felt like throwing some good ol' crappy GIF's here so you can see what i'am experiencing. It is at times really bad and makes me not wanna play anymore.
https://gyazo.com/52a788f067706b2a35fc42a21241bc62
https://gyazo.com/43448bcbac765568483065c3522177c3
https://gyazo.com/b644b94dc48e45225533e6949ccc1d40
https://gyazo.com/f20c2de8749313e4017c83bb744835df
https://gyazo.com/17e8b850540c0c50ed013d7533e2bd35

As you can see this is sort of what i'am experiencing. Of course the amount of players also depends the lag i am getting.
Also i've wreckt my vehicle multiple times to this and its really annoying.
If anyone would be able to add me or something to help me troubleshoot these lag spikes would be amazing.

I usually put these console commands in : r_shadows 0 , r_3dsky 0 , r_Drawbatchdecals 0, r_drawdetailprops 0
These improve my fps but not my lag spikes. I've also put my Gmod on my SSD which improved it a little bit but still it's not fully playable for me.

I've used to have just a few lag spikes that would occur but not really affect my gameplay too much before the TFU & Light update. Before that it was fine and i could speed around the city in my vehicle without being afraid of crashing it.

Specs :
CPU :
I7 2600
GPU : Nvidia GTX 970
Ram : 24gb

If anyone could help me or something because i would really like to fix it. Some people are not experiencing these lag spikes but some are. The players that aren't experiencing the lag spikes you should be very happy and if you would like to help me with it PM.

Reaction score
Its possible that its because you'v got to many addons installed ive had that problem in the past and deleting some of the addons i dont use helped somehow
That would be yes, i've forgot to say that i've uninstalled ALL my addons and uninstalled my whole gmod, and reinstalled it and only use the perpheads addons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.