Lagging when shit hits the fan.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5920
  • Start date

Deleted member 5920

So basically, when I get shot at or I shoot, I just lag for 30 seconds normally, any idea how to fix this? Creepis gave me a command but sv_cheats 1 is needed. Thanks :)

Reaction score
TIP HUAN: DELETE SYSTEM 32 M8 TRUST ME
jk,

Well, check your processor, make sure it is not damaged.Also the video card
If you are using a Laptop, make sure their is a sufficient amount of cold air coming through the fan.
If you are using a Laptop, generally check your power settings.
Check In console if any script errors occurred.
Put more detail, maybe we can help a bit more.

Reaction score
It happens to me too but when I shoot 1 bullet first and then start shooting for real, the lagg is gone for me.

Reaction score
I think you should try to scan your pc with ComboFix, a virus can be infected your driver's files or windows files, i had same problem and i perfomed a pc scan with ComboFix and updated all drivers and i dont have that problem anyone.

Why ComboFix?

Because its directly scans windows files and driver files for find out if its infected or not and if its infected, it performs a clean-up on files.

Reaction score
Its nothing to do with the system its the impact effects you see when a bullet hits a surface it creates small smoke that is what causes it. The smoke is a local effect which is why the server will not crash because the entire server is business as usual.

The effect is Lua or a sprite which needs to be processed so you can imagine why you are lagging or crashing in firefights. If you want full details ask the devs who were responsible for implementing this. For now I reccomend allocating extra CPU power for garrys mod so it can process faster causing less lag no guarantees but it could work.