Law - Making an Independent State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How is this not clear? Creating an independent state is obviously not a thing, anyone who falls for it should not be an Officer. People who do this (which I didn't know even ever happens) are obviously just being difficult and not even trying to be a little bit convincing.

Reaction score
Believe me, it is a kind of regular thing, and when I was mayor and spoke with the highest ranking officer on duty at the time, he said that there were actually no laws prohibiting them on making a self-proclaimed state, they ended up waiting for them to murder someone.

Reaction score
A law preventing people from declaring an independent state is not necessary at all, they're obviously not a thing.

This law will never become a thing for obvious reasons

Reaction score
Maybe I have not been clear enough, I am not suggesting a new law. I am just suggesting (as you may read in my post): "a single sentence making reference to these kind of situations"

Reaction score
Still not necessary at all, creating independent states is never going to be a legitimate thing and needs no clarification within the laws

Reaction score
I am happy I could make you see my actual suggestion and I totally understand your point. I myself know what to do in this situation. The thing is, I believe it would be good for both officers and citizens to have a clarification on this type of situations on the laws both to make it easier to enforce and to prevent this from happening again.

Reaction score
This needs no enforcement, ignore people who say it and arrest them if they harass others with it or attempt to restrict entry to the Bazaar

Reaction score
Altradir I think you are missing Collier's point. His point is that you shouldn't treat it as an independent state, no matter what people state. You treat it like a normal day, if they start obstructing civilians or officers, arrest them for it. There's no need for a law since you wouldn't do anything but what you normally do. Just arrest them for Obstruction of public access.

Reaction score
I'm not unsure about what to do when I'm in Bazzar as a cop. I am just trying to watch my fucking step because if I were to do anything I would start a shootout. Which is why I don't goto Bazzar. I actually question officer "Wtf you doing in Bazzar your gonna die" lmao

Reaction score
You can stop preaching this, I frequently patrol at Bazaar safely and cops arent just shot for being there as that is an obvious violation of the rules.

Reaction score
@Collier The chance of being shot in the Bazaar is clearly high. It might not be because they RDM you, but because if you cuff someone for whatever they do (and there they do many things) all the others shoot you. And this is really frequent

Reaction score
be smart about it then, ain't hard. don't just walk up to a guy and cuff them, wait for backup if necessary. take him off to the side for what appears to be a friendly chat then arrest him for murder idk, there's many methods of safely doing things in a highly populated area and an inability to explore any of them will end up with you just getting shot.

other than for already ongoing shootouts, i hardly ever get shot in bazaar as an officer. just think about what you're going to do before you do it.

Reaction score
I may have exaggerated but I wasn't necessarily wrong. From my experiences of coming on at 3am+, I am usually the only cop on. And when I did respond to shootouts I died as I arrived every time. Not once have I won the shootout because not only am I outnumbered but I am outgunned. I'm talking about late nights where I am the only cop online. Shootouts still happen more than they should at earlier times but it's just plain stupid when I come on. @Collier That's your experience, mine is quite different. @Sorle Who said anything about arresting anyone? I have heard many excused after I asked in OOC, "I was warranted, I just raided/mugged someone, I thought you were gonna arrest me, you were in the way of something," I once got shot at for apparently "loitering" @Aquaa can confirm.

Reaction score
yeah but that then is more related to validity of killing rather than the state of police - a tfu with full armour and an m4 in attack stance can easily just be sprayed in the back for no reason and they'd have no chance

either way, as a lone pistol cop, not only are you not supposed to win shootouts, you aren't even really supposed to show up to shootouts. just gather any evidence you can from checking out the scene from a distance, as it's pretty obvious that any attempts of confronting 3+ suspects armed with rifles isn't going to end up going well for you and it'll just end up being a +1 to the body count.

you wouldn't expect to win that as a civ with a rifle, so why should you as a cop with a pistol?

Reaction score
Yes, of course. The thing is, there still could be a direct law about this specific situation (that happens more regularly than expected) since many people are not clear about what to do about it. @Mango @Duffy

Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States
Article 1:

The state as a person of international law should possess the following qualifications: (a) a permanent population; (b) a defined territory; (c) government; and (d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states.

The State would not have the capacity to enter into relations with other States as no other State would recognise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.