Leaving this lovely police department and leaving a note

Sam

Reaction score
Hi friends and @roxie,

I apologize in advance for spelling mistakes and the big chunk of text. I just felt I had to write this...

I wanted to make this nice little thread for two reasons, to stop people from asking me the same questions, and give a hand in reviving the PD.

In my opinion, the police department is dead, fully dead. As dead as George Washington. I absolutely don't want to shit on the command teams, they still do good work. But the PD is not evolving. It's been like this for a while. The weeks before I resigned as Chief of Department, Dom and I created a plan, a new structure for the PD. Much like the current plan, it was a plan we slowly started implementing. But as I resigned, and Dom left this plan was not followed through, instead decisions contrary to the plan were taken. And that would be fine if the current administration actually had a new plan, but they did not. They continued on the same track as we had for years.

Late February and the very beginning of March, of this year I contacted the Chiefs and informed them, that I was no longer comfortable with us still hosting the old website, due to privacy and security flaws. Bad people had, and still have ways to gain access to accounts. These are issues that easily can get fixed by re-creating the website. Making a new one with security and privacy in focus. I asked them for a list of critical parts, that must exist on a new website upon release. I did this, as I had a lot of time during March to code, and wanted to push a base website out and then add stuff as time goes. Much to my surprise, the only one who actually took time out of their day to assist in making a list was @McGlinchy . It took over a month for the Chiefs to react to my list, and by then it was kind of too late. It's important to keep in mind here, that I bumped the conversation several times, but the explanation we got was that they forgot. Which is ridiculous. The website is one of the core parts of the Department. Without it, how will you handle ranks? complaints? any issues brought up regarding it should get their full attention.

Unfortunately, the website was not the only thing that was overlooked, no progress whatsoever was made to the PD. Only very small changes. And anyone who plays on the server knows that the PD needs to change, as the player base and play type of players has changed.

It came to a point several months later where I spoke to Ayjay when he was Community Manager, to force the PD to restructure and make it actually work. This is something we did, Tinyslayer, Collier, Momo, and I started going through how the future of the PD would look. This resulted in the document Momo posted on the forums a few weeks ago.
But as I said during these sessions, it's a long shot. The PD requires a new intranet, a more simple website with basic functions, which would take a lot of time to create. The current website is extremely bad and throws more errors than anything I've seen. And I had barely any time to put into development, which would be a major issue.

We decided to proceed anyway, and I got approval to hire more developers and offer them bonuses moneywise in-game. This was when I hired @Smudger and @flugs. We started work on the new website, and as I had very little time, I took care of planning and testing. As time went I got bored with the project, as I was the only one pushing for it. And I saw that only one of the Chiefs were interested in its success, that was @Momo. Whenever I asked questions in regards to stuff, he replied. He was the only one...

One can claim that the Chiefs couldn't make any changes to the PD before the website was out, but that's not true. There are many things they could do to prepare for a major restructuring.

It, unfortunately, came to a point where I totally got bored of PERP, and tired of feeling like one of the only few pushing for PD change. This was when I handed in my resignation per policy, I would stay for 14 days due to me holding an administrative position. Pretty quickly after I submitted my ticket to @McGlinchy he informed the Chiefs via Slack. And they pretty quickly went into a meeting to see what they would do, considering I have been the one for years to handle PLPD Website Development, and that I owned everything, Domain, Slack, Google Drive, etc... This was unfortunately the last time I saw the whole of SMT trying to resolve the situation. Since then I have been told that SMT has tried to get a response from @Collier about the ongoing situation, but he is not responding. Which is just fucked up.

I have yet to been contacted by the Chief of Department about transferring ownership of the stuff I own to him. Fredy after a few days noticed I resigned, and asked me to transfer the domain to his name, which we did. But still nothing from the Chief of Department. I still own a bunch of stuff...

So, I still think the PD needs a restructure. And I personally think that should start with @Collier resigning from Chief of Department. This for two reasons, his inability to actually answer slack messages from his most senior officers about ongoing situations, and the little time he actually spends on the PD, which is probably because he is also Senior Admin. I do not think SA and CoD should be the same person, its ridicules. I think an election should be held for the position of Chief of Department. And after that Senior Administration NEED to be INVOLVED in the PD LIKE I ASKED YOU LAST TIME.

Before an election can happen, I think @McGlinchy should be given the temporary role of Chief of Department. So he can clear up the PD, and make it work. After that, an election can happen. But the PD can not continue on the current track. Even if I am no longer playing, I don't want to see the PD be dead. I've spent so many years in it... and so have so many of the community members. It would be so sad to see it actually not progress.

In no way am I trying to hurt @Collier and @Momo. I like both of them, and consider both of them friends. But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem like anyone else is saying these things so...

I would also like to mention, I do not like taking stuff like this public. Absolutely not, it paints a bad image on the ones involved and on the PD. But I feel like this is the only way to get a reaction, considering Collier is not responding to his own SMT.

Thank you for reading and I hope change happens, soon!

Reaction score
Interesting inside information and solutions Samuel, it appears the situation was more dire than people made it out to be.

Its no secret that over the past few years we’ve lost a lot of good names and prominent figures within the PD and the Community as a whole, it’s also very unfortunate to note that said people are also the exact people who wouldn‘t have let the PD fall how it has.

Hopefully this post sheds more light on the issues people have been trying to hide and deny and would encourage a movement for change for the better.

Reaction score
This contains no confidential information but I think this image paints a pretty clear picture seeing how I didn't get a single response over a period of about a month (and that isn't even the entire conversation).

IKineAX.png

(This image was taken months ago)

From what I've heard @Momo has been doing a good job recently, and @Collier, I don't mean to shit on you but I think it's time to finally hand the reigns over to somebody else that can actually dedicate time to the PD.

And lastly, thank you for everything you've done @Samuel and good luck.

Reaction score
Who could've taught creating a near virtual government comes with all bad sides of bureaucracy?

Goalposting aside, i hope that you as an extremely dedicated, involved and respected (ex-) member of the PD have actually kickstarted some change with this thread.

Reaction score
I mean, Momo is hardly on. What does that say about the DCoD? Yes he has administrative things to be doing, but even still. Last time i saw momo on was like over a month ago.

Sam

Reaction score
I personally don't think the in-game activity is the most important thing right now. It should all be about getting the PD to work, and work in a way that is beneficial to the server. As DCoD it is not always easy to implement PD wide change, as it needs CoD approval. But I am sure @Momo , can share some light on his activity and his pov on all of this?

Reaction score
Momo has been doing a fair bit of work and is very active on slack and TS. My only criticism for momo would be he should come on the server more so he can interact with the community in game.

Deleted member 5577

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
there is absolutely zero benefit to momo joining the game as it will not progress the police department in any way shape or form

Reaction score
Its more what @BigBenji said, he needs to be on more to interact with the community, and see for himself that the PD is a shitfest cus regular officers just minge around with no actual proper punishment.

Reaction score
@Daft Punk What benefit is there for momo to join the server when he can spend those hours helping us further the PD.

Over the past few months especially in the planning of the update momo was always there and willing to help out.

I believe someone who is always there but doesnt spend as much time on the server is much more beneficial than someone that’s always on but does nothing else

Reaction score
There is next to no point constantly trying to ping collier or demand answers. I am sure the answers will come sooner rather than later. I would also like to thank @Samuel for the outstanding work he does throughout perp going from PLPD to the server itself. Not only was Samuel easy to talk to he was also understanding and played the server himself so he could see what was needed and to be changed. Hope you do well with what ever you get on with next. If it is coding or just life! Keep it going chief.

Reaction score
@Samuel we all feel the exact same, the PD needs someone who's more active. Nothing against you @Collier and @Momo, you're both good chiefs but the PD needs a massive restructure and possibly a chief that's non senior rank in staff and more active. Thank you for serving us @Samuel and building the PLPD.online website we know today, without you the PD wouldn't be as advanced and easier to use, we will all miss you and your amazing work. @McGlinchy seems really dedicated to the department and I'd love to see him become chief but we'll never know if that will change or if @Collier or @Momo will increase activity. The PD is slowly dying and it needs a revival before it's too late.

Reaction score
@McGlinchy So your saying the activity requirement for LT+ (if its SGT+, i apologise) doesnt matter for someone who is DCoD and implemented that decision/had a vote on that.

Reaction score
@Daft Punk Lieutenants Have to be active because most lieutenants except for the Lt of IA's job description entails performance management of officers in game who belong to their respective divisions. The Chief's responsibilities are to keep command members like myself in check and to approve of certain actions taken by command members that would cause significant change to the game play experience of officers, as well as managing developers and approving of their changes. All of this can be done without accessing the server. Sure it sucks that Momo isn't on as much as people might want him to be but at the end of the day, his role is management of PLPD.online and the command teams via slack and he has been doing that exceptionally well from my experience with him.

Back before I was a command member my attitude towards @Momo was visibly negative, however, whenever it came to decisions of new performance management, dealing with certain members of the division and the PD in general who were behaving in a manner which demonstrates that they aren't fit for said roles, and reintroducing training sessions for TFU, Momo was almost always the first person to get in touch with me regarding that. My view and opinion on him has completely changed since I achieved a command position because I saw visible evidence of Momo actually doing something.

Momo was also the first person to arrange a meeting on team speak with myself after I got the role of Employee officer of the Tactical firearms unit.

My criticism of Momo not being in game was for a completely different reason for yours. I think momo should be more active in game solely to counter and end criticisms of him being "Inactive". I agree with rogue that the benefits of him being active on the server is essentially irrelevant and would prove nothing else to anyone other than people who don't see the work he does behind the scenes claiming he's inactive and sleeping on the PD.

Reaction score
Give the Chiefs more power in terms of making change to administration, make it an elected position every 3-4 months and have the community decide. Not sure why this is treated like a real PD and people must spend 6-12mo to get LT.