Looking for a studio-quality mic

Reaction score
Hey guys, basically i'm looking for a (not large) studio-quality mic for under $200 to use for recording music and daily use in gaming. suggestions pls

Reaction score
Blue yeti i've heard is good and the Samson meteor. Both fairly cheap and have amazing quality, (especially the samson imo)

Last edited:
Reaction score
https://www.jrrshop.com/recording/m...JkRDRVjm41rWm38SAM81kj2y1qXXbHDoaAgrWEALw_wcB

It's a very good quality microphone yet does not use USB so you would need a jack to USB conversion. Below I will list and explain some features:

-Condenser Microphone: It measures the distance and oscillations between two metal plates caused by your input sound (VERY SENSITIVE AND REGULARLY BETTER QUALITY THAN DYNAMIC MICROPHONES).

-Cardiod Polar pattern: It's pickup is shaped like a fat heart so that it can pick up the full range of your voice or any other input, giving it a very rich sound with some background noise that is always present in much but a shotgun pattern.

-Low input impedance: Best way I can describe this is that it is less chaotic when changing to USB.

-Comes with its own pop filter: Gets rid of awful POPS and TSSS noises.

-Comes with a shock filter: Great way to get rid of noise coming from a desk or any tapping from a mic

-Mostly flat lower end: There are no cut or boosts to most the lower ends, you lose out on some sub-base but your voice does not do that as it is more of a feeling in those deep wubwubs of bass rather than an actual sound.

-Exaggerated high end: Great for having an extra sparkle to the sound, would suit your vocal range very well but might even need some roll-off at the bass that you won't utilise as much (post production)

-High SPL: You would need to shoot a .22 calibre rifle next to the microphone to possibly break it hence you can scream like a girl when a road-crew truck comes at you at 200 MPH,

-Large diaphragm: Capture a lot of sound with high sensitivity, especially at the low mid frequencies (so not your computer fan)

diagram.svg

Good luck either way, this is a pristine choice and how I now record my music.

@ErmakDimon contact me if you want me to explain any other microphone suggestions in detail for you, could do it over TS3 if you'd like.

Reaction score
Upd: Budget $170.
Need studio mic for daily use and cover recording. Can go a bit over budget, though must be with mount and boom.

Reaction score
8ae77f42fa.png

This has been in my shopping basket for about 1 month now.
I personally recommend this setup, as you're getting a great mic, and you're also getting a (probably) decent boom arm, shock mount and pop filter.

Reaction score
Google and youtube can help you choose. ;) //phone
This is one of the most retarded replies I've ever read, I'm sorry but it has to be said, the user comes on to our forums and asks for advices from us as a community to see what we think over different microphones and such, I am fairly certain he has looked over a large variety of microphones on both Google and Youtube, however he wants to close down the actual range of what he should get so he can easily decide and also ask us what we think about the microphones as there are microphones within his price range that we all have here.

Plus why would anyone look at youtube videos regarding microphones when most of them are often paid endorsements or the company itself has sent them a microphone and the youtuber gets pressured because of this and gets very biased towards the mic and absolutely loves it for "some" reason.

I'd get the AT2020, @ayjay has one and it's fantastic