Lua Bug Report (Vehicle salesman teleported me through the floor and stole my fucking car.)

Reaction score
Type of Bug: Lua

Description of the Bug: Vehicle salesman teleported me through the floor and stole my fucking car.

How to reproduce the Bug: All I did was speak to the NPC, opening the vehicle sales UI to sell my jeep. Upon confirming the sale of my jeep, I came out the UI And something was off. I received no notification stating that I had sold my vehicle, and I was, for some reason, on the ground floor instead of the top floor, and I went outside to find it still there. Upon another attempt at checking the car UI, I noticed my car was no longer in my garage, yet I still had the option to claim it with the "Claim last vehicle" option at the garage NPC. Upon spawning another car I discovered that this "Fixed" the issue regarding my car still being there, but still didn't give me my money and deleted my car.

Time Stamp: Demo fucking luckily refreshed just as this started.

Errors: Car sold, no money given :(

Media: https://mega.nz/file/W8QRCQLS#CyQmNQtKtuOPXFheapFdGbJUsEFJCbPg1xLaB1KA7Sg

Upvote 0
Reaction score
  • Staff
Edit: The jeep is back in my garage upon reconnection and is now sold successfully.

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
To actually give some context here.

When you press "Yes" on the sales confirmation, the vehicle is removed client-sided immediately. And then the client sends a request to the server, that has a built-in distance checker. At the time of confirmation, you were too far away from the NPC, so the server rejected the request. This is the expected outcome based on how the code currently works.

The reason for you being moved was probably the anti-stuck system pushing you away, or someone else moving you.