Police Suggestion Make division resources public for anyone registered as an Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Make the division resources accessible by anyone.
What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Currently corporals do not have access to the observation report guidelines to my knowledge.
Being able to check division policies before you join them will benefit officers by letting them know how to act as the role before they get it.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
Certain documents might be unnecessary to be open source?

Reaction score
All officers should be able to access the police supervisor's policies and resources, if somebody does not have access, submit a helpdesk ticket to DS

I guess making most policies public won't be a bad idea but making certain resources public is probably not the best idea and is just unnecessary as they are generally just to help admin staff or command members with their duties, some resources are likely outdated anyway as a lot of stuff tends to be on google drive nowadays

Reaction score
Any department that openly works with the public (Patrol, RTU, maybe TFU?) should be the only openly public resources out there. Common officers don't need the play-by-play book for IA and they begin finding more loopholes than they already have.

Reaction score
If you need access to certain policies but don't please send me ticket on plpd online

Status
Not open for further replies.