Make the phys-gun stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Making the phys-gun be able to pick objects up stronger than it is (for V.I.P's)

Short explanation (in notes):
For a V.I.P player its like your basically stroking the prop.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...)
Basically when I play on the server I like to build and with the V.I.P phys-gun it takes forever to pick something up because you need to move around the prop to reach a strong point which to me takes forever and makes building allot slower, I would prefer it to be much stronger so that its easier to phys-gun my props and pick items up.

Optional additions:
Suggest in comments.

Deleted member 4116

+support most of the time my prop is frozen at the celling because my physgun wheel speed is on 100 than I accidentally freeze it and than I can't reach it. So I need to make a report. To get it back again.

Reaction score
Decre
+support most of the time my prop is frozen at the celling because my physgun wheel speed is on 100 than I accidentally freeze it and than I can't reach it. So I need to make a report. To get it back again.
Decrease scroll speed then? Haha. I see this being annoying but it doesn't bother me that much, unless you have a needlessly large scroll speed or are too far away from the prop (or standing right next to it ) this shouldn't be an issue, I see no need to stand directly next to the prop or too far away ;);) I got used to it, that's all.

Deleted member 4116

Decrease scroll speed then? Haha. I see this being annoying but it doesn't bother me that much, unless you have a needlessly large scroll speed or are too far away from the prop (or standing right next to it ) this shouldn't be an issue, I see no need to stand directly next to the prop or too far away ;);) I got used to it, that's all.

It doesn't matter if you have high or low physgun speed. If the prop is the far away you can't mostly grab it. And I am most of the time to lazy to make report :D

Reaction score
I personally feel like it should stay as it is. I managed with the premium physgun and never really had any issues with it. It is like it is to prevent rule infringements, and I personally believe it does so effectively.

If it were to be buffed, I believe it would lead to problems and situations were user experience is negatively affected, both intentionally and unintentionally. The current status of the physgun granted to premium members is nicely adjusted, it's quite easy to solve problems regarding props, so if you were to be in a situation where you are unable to solve it, make a report. It's mostly rather easy to solve such problems though.

Reaction score
i'm fucking wrong, however, set your wheelspeed

This is not really needed as we no longer have a physgun back from V1 where you had to take some distance to pick up a prop. Today, the VIP and staff Physgun have literally the same behaviour and properties (except for picking up players/ cars etc. obviously). Decrease or increase your physgun_wheelspeed. The default should be 10, mine is on 100 which is optimal for me, try to see which one suits you the best.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not because you grab the wrong spot, it's because you're to close to the prop, you don't have the same physgun permissions as a staff member inorder to stop people from prop climbing and such

Reaction score
I have asked Stephen about this a few times now, he is extremely stubborn and claims it stops "prop surfing" although it doesn't stop this in the slightest as you can simply pick up the prop from distance and bring it closer anyway.

This is just another one of Stephens "features" that makes the server more frustrating and less fun to play.

Reaction score
Wheel speed changes nothing the difference is mods you don't experience the picking up props from Llandudno to Zimbabwe because you dont need to be far you can be anywhere (on phone)

Reaction score
Wheel speed changes nothing the difference is mods you don't experience the picking up props from Llandudno to Zimbabwe because you dont need to be far you can be anywhere (on phone)
But that's just 1202.40 Miles so I dont see the problem :booty:

Anyways Aaron you managed to use this physgun before you were mod so why can't you do it now? ( on phone)

Amber Powell

i didnt know there was a problem with the physgun? its always worked fine for me.

Reaction score
Saving Bolli or Fredy the stress of posting, the reason why the Phygun is limited is to prevent abuse such as prop-surfing or climbing.
You would know about abuse, Aaron. :troll:

MattIs

I have asked Stephen about this a few times now, he is extremely stubborn and claims it stops "prop surfing" although it doesn't stop this in the slightest as you can simply pick up the prop from distance and bring it closer anyway.

This is just another one of Stephens "features" that makes the server more frustrating and less fun to play.

TLDR @StephenPuffs was a member of the 1942 Nazi Party!

No, but alex has got a point; you don't know how good things are until you dont have them.

I could support this idea in making it a tad stronger and instead maybe making it so when props are picked up they dont interact with people; The amount of times @Murtsley has hit me and had a rage about props.

Reaction score
Well lets face it you can prop climb now how do you think certain members used to prop climb with burgers not naming names but you know, if its to stop prop climbing it really don't work.

Reaction score
I don't see how this stops propcliming because you can pick it up slightly further away from you. You could just move it under you and propclimb as usual when its like this.

TL;DR it prevents nothing and is just an annoyance so I am obviously +supporting this

Status
Not open for further replies.