Making a map for fun

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I am at a point where I think that I could start making a new map to teach myself hammer, but I lack the creativity to plan the city and divide it into sectors and figure out what I want to place where. If anyone has any ideas on how I could start planning this or knows any software that's decent for urban planning feel free to contribute in this thread :)

Also I wasn't quite sure where to put this post but this Forum seemed fitting enough

Reaction score
  • Staff
Unfortunately, after making a start on some buildings I lost interest in this project as I didnt have a clear planned layout of the map.

If someone wants to work on a layout I might revisit this

Deleted member 6228

I've already said multiple times I am willing to help out

Reaction score
  • Staff
If you want to plan something that would be awesome because that is one of the main reasons I lost motivation, but after seeing how cool Satua's new maps are I really want to start again. Truenorth and Monoford are really cool maps that were planned very well

Reaction score
Start designing some city layouts in minecraft or some shit to get some quick prototypes and inspiration to then make it in hammer

Reaction score
I'd be more than willing to help out with making up some concepts. After talking about fun potential ideas for a V5 version of Paralake, as you know I've been working on some ideas, such as adding a new area on top of the large flat hill area with like some mansion/large type houses.

Here's an image of what I've done roughly if such an area was to exist (right now I've only been working on making the road up to the area):
497181b6f0ab7eb6f25861690900d89d.png