Mayoral Department Funding

• Thread starter Deleted member 4431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4431

Main Idea: Each Emergency Service department has a funding system, Police, EMS and Firefighters. Funds can be added by the Mayor and are directly drawn from the City Funds.

Full description of the idea: What's said above ^. Instead of having a limit for vehicles - well, I mean, a limit below the maximum slots - have vehicles require an amount of money. The money is drawn from the Department Funds , which are added by the Mayor. The Mayor can either send a percentage of income/sales/fuel tax money to specific departments, or directly transfer funds to that department via the City Hall clerk.

Why should it be added?: It overall just gives the Mayor a more interesting job, I don't know how to word this but I think people will understand. Putting loads of funding into say the PD means that each officer can have a vehicle for themselves. This'll also probably work with the armoury - to change weapons from default you'll need to pay a sum of money [money that is shared throughout the entire department], same for ammo; albeit at a low price. If the city doesn't have enough funds in your department, you can't access those sort of things.

Pros: This is what happens in real life, departments have funding - take the Ambulance Service in the UK, they have a set amount of funding, the more funds they have the more ambulances they can get, but obviously you've got politics and other shit IRL. It would add that little extra enjoyment and make the City Funds actually highly relevant.

Each department will have a set number of vehicles by default, obviously, e.g if Medical has no funds they'll get one ambulance/first responder, if the PD gets no funds they'll get about six cars.

Cons:
  • Could make the PD 'overpowered' as each officer can have a vehicle if the funds are very, very high for the department - but then again that's just a benefit of IC actions taken by the Mayor for a reason.
  • Departments could end up in a crisis with no funds, limiting their job, but then again - it's IC.

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
I don't understand how this is different from the current system. Vehicles already take money from the city funds.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Not very often do we get mayors that take the role seriously enough to achieve balance in funding.

Either its a Nazi wanting to be killed with 50% tax

Or it's someone putting 0% sales tax for his chums.

Deleted member 4431

Not very often do we get mayors that take the role seriously enough to achieve balance in funding.

Either its a Nazi wanting to be killed with 50% tax

Or it's someone putting 0% sales tax for his chums.
managed to get 100k funds yesterday at the expense of being exiled to the PD, was fun anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.