Server Suggestion [Misc. Suggestion] Job 10-8/10-7 messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Job 10-8/10-7 messages.
Suggestion Description:
Change 10-8/10-7 messages from being sent by the person going on/off duty, to dispatch sending the message instead.

❌ John Doe [Government Radio] Senior Officer John Doe is In Service [10-8]

✅ Dispatch [Government Radio] Senior Officer John Doe is In Service [10-8]

Why should this be added?:
- Impossible to fake
- With dispatch already existing, it makes much more sense for an automatic dispatching system to notify of government employee activity.

What negatives could this have?:
- None as far as I can see. This is a cosmetic change.

Reaction score
Is there an instance whereby someone would fake an in service/out of service message? If so, why?
Avoiding a supervisor call by pretending to have gone off-duty, or pretending to go off-duty to avoid a mandatory meeting with a supervisor.

Once again, this is a cosmetic change.

Reaction score
Avoiding a supervisor call by pretending to have gone off-duty, or pretending to go off-duty to avoid a mandatory meeting with a supervisor.

Once again, this is a cosmetic change.
At that point that's an IA issue lol. I do like the suggestion however you could also just pull up the police computer and see if they are on duty or not.

Reaction score
kiYwRfZ.png

This is the first time I hear of people writing their own 10-7 messages to avoid Supervisor calls. If they ignore their roles and responsibilities then this seems more like an issue for Internal Affairs as the Supervisor doesn't seem fit for the role.

If it looks cleaner go for it, I don't really mind.

Reaction score
in my time in the plpd i dont think ive ever seen anyone fake an in / out service radio message although if the coding is easy which im not sure if it is and if the devs are up for it i dont see why this could not be implemented

Reaction score
Since when are people faking 10-7 messages? Normally when they actually go off duty their name goes green anyways.

That said, this idea is still good.

Reaction score
Unnecessary imo, idk why people would be affected by this to need it. Check the police computer for a proper view of who’s on duty. Developer time would be better spent on other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.