Server Suggestion [Misc. Suggestion] SWAT van start sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Change the SWAT van's engine start sound from its current sound to the one provided in the images category.
vehicle\tdmcars\truck\turn_on.wav as opposed to the current one.

Why should this be added? (pros): The sound file proposed already exists in the content pack, and also sounds better when it jumps to its idle engine sound.

What negatives could this have? (cons): No real negatives to changing this that I'm able to think of.

I went a little overboard, but you get what I mean.

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Change the SWAT van's engine start sound from its current sound to the one provided in the images category.
vehicle\tdmcars\truck\turn_on.wav as opposed to the current one.

Why should this be added? (pros): The sound file proposed already exists in the content pack, and also sounds better when it jumps to its idle engine sound.

What negatives could this have? (cons): No real negatives to changing this that I'm able to think of.

I went a little overboard, but you get what I mean.
I have googled so much for these origin of these sound effects yet I couldn't find them, this sounds like a truck with 2nd generation cummins engine, must be a old cabover big rig by the sound of it

Reaction score
I have googled so much for these origin of these sound effects yet I couldn't find them, this sounds like a truck with 2nd generation cummins engine, must be a old cabover big rig by the sound of it
its based off the bob cat right meaning its a Cummins diesel i think

Reaction score
According to TDM it's actually a older style scania V8 engine, which can be also heard in this fragment:

And this

Thanks to @Puffy Sandvich for asking TDM

Reaction score
According to TDM it's actually a older style scania V8 engine, which can be also heard in this fragment:

And this

Thanks to @Puffy Sandvich for asking TDM
Thanks to the vaguely accurate info TDM gave us, I managed to narrow it down to the Scania 143, 500, V8 range. From there on it becomes very specific with what components are installed, and in what configuration.
This is a relatively close sound. And from the sound file's audio, it was recorded in a studio setting (duh), so getting anything more accurate than this is going to take some effort, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.