Missing some character/model animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Simple as the title, for some reason I seem to be missing certain animations from the character models, for example when the character leans over to bobby pin (also apparently if you see 3rd person bobbying there is a different sound but thats not the case for me), when a character is pushing another character, instead of using it's hands like it should, the player model leans back and 'pushes' the other player without even moving its arms. Also when picking stuff up the model looks like its doing a fucking star jump and then freezes whereas its supposed to lift 1 arm up. Just curious if there is anyway to fix this for clarity reasons, and because, lets be honest it looks far better.

Solution
I'll quote @Xquality here as this seems to have fixed it for some people
https://perpheads.com/threads/missing-content.12502/
Alright so many of you have missing content/weird stuff going on on the server. I'll list a few steps to fix that. Our content usually go by the names "Jarheads" or "Perpheads". IMPORTANT - DO NOT DOWNLOAD CONTENT PACK FROM FORUMS AS IT'S USUALLY OUTDATED!

Keep in mind that if you follow these steps you're doing a complete reboot of the content, and will require you to download it again from our server upon joining. This might take some time depending on your internet connection.

First off, you need to make sure there are no conflicts going on. Go here:

You can either delete these or make a...
Reaction score
I'll quote @Xquality here as this seems to have fixed it for some people
https://perpheads.com/threads/missing-content.12502/
Alright so many of you have missing content/weird stuff going on on the server. I'll list a few steps to fix that. Our content usually go by the names "Jarheads" or "Perpheads". IMPORTANT - DO NOT DOWNLOAD CONTENT PACK FROM FORUMS AS IT'S USUALLY OUTDATED!

Keep in mind that if you follow these steps you're doing a complete reboot of the content, and will require you to download it again from our server upon joining. This might take some time depending on your internet connection.

First off, you need to make sure there are no conflicts going on. Go here:

You can either delete these or make a backup on your desktop and simply drag them in.
GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons/perpheads - delete/backup this folder: THIS IS OUTDATED, EVEN IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM FORUMS, SO DON'T.
GarrysMod/garrysmod/download - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/downloads - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/materials/models/jarheads - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/models/jarheads - delete/backup this folder

Now that you've deleted/taken a backup of all that crap, we'll do a few checks for your game.

Right click your Garrysmod. Under General you'll see "set launch options". Click it and you'll see something like this:
547bca9def.png

I only need those settings, but those who don't have a high end computer might need to put
-dxlevel 90 in there aswell.

Now launch your game, and go into options. Press Video and Advanced. It's really important to have MODEL DETAIL on HIGH! This is because our models rely on that setting.
fe0e2e3fcb.jpg

Now go into MULTIPLAYER and ALLOW ALL CUSTOM FILES FROM SERVER
fa510a2e47.png

This is so that you get ALL the new content when joining the server.

Now all you need to do is restart the game and launch it again, then join the server and wait for the content to download.

And from here on, all you need for new content is to simply join the server. Don't download any files from the internet and add them yourself. Don't subscribe to the workshop content as the server does that for you. If you do, you'll need to make sure to update that aswell each time we roll out an update or you'll run into issues.

If this doesn't work I have no idea what you did to your game. RIP.
Make sure you have subscribed to all PERPHeads content on the workshop and have downloaded the content pack on the website aswell as extracted it into the addons folder Garry's Mod
175714e337.png

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fredyH/myworkshopfiles/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.