Modernize UI

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Update the menus, hud, inventory, and other UI stuff.

Why should this be added? (pros): Current menus aren't really modern and don't comply with current UI/UX standards. Modernizing them would not only make them look better but could also increase user experience a lot.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Changing something with the UX could force some people to get used to the changes

Note: If the devs are too busy doing something else I offer my help to get this done. :)

Reaction score
Well, a modern design that doesn't look like it's from 2008. Just what you see around today. And an improvement regarding user experience (better and easier usage etc)

Ayjay

Reaction score
If you could offer suggestions as to what isn't user friendly, I can certainly look into it and make changes.

Reaction score
I think the UI is fine the way it is, Everyone's knows it and it's not hard to get used to.

Reaction score
If you could offer suggestions as to what isn't user friendly, I can certainly look into it and make changes.
For example the cameras in dispatch. If I don't click at the cams but just switch through them with the menu. They are sorted in a really strange way and it's a lot to click until you find the right one.

The dispatch screen itself has in my opinion a lot of features. But assigning and sorting emergencies is a lot of clicking (what I experienced). I've also noticed that you can't close emergencies when another dispatcher leftover unassigned calls and left before you got dispatcher. The last time I had around 30 calls I couldn't do anything with just blocking the view.

The scoreboard lists all players. But if I like one player or would have a question it would be easy to just click on them to open their Steam profile or maybe forum profile so I could contact them/connect with them.

In the F1 Menu - Maybe adding a search bar to the law and rule pages would make it easier (for players who don't know everything from their head) to find what you are looking for without needing to find the correct point. Maybe you also just know a part of the law but have no idea what category it could be.

A big point would be a list/overview of all available keybindings and commands. For example, is there no real way to know how to search someone, what commands there really exist, how to enable the limiter, etc. (Maybe some of this is explained anywhere but haven't found it until now).

That's just my opinion of course. I had some more points earlier but I can't remember them now. Will let you know if I see them again. And this isn't meant to say everything is bad but to maybe improve :D