Server Suggestion More consumables (Food and Drinks) / Consumables Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: I believe that we should get more nicely modeled consumables to the server, in the form of food and drinks that the players could craft themselves from base materials that could be bought from vendors (Gas Station or Fredy's). These crafted foods could provide larger hunger regeneration and the drinks would probably only serve a roleplay value as does the current beer consumable, though I do suggest nerfing the drunkness effect, in order to be able to consume a few drinks before becoming drunk.
Many Roleplay servers already have this feature as standard and I don't see why PERP should in this regard be the exception. Players could craft, sell and serve these in their own establishments such as bars, pubs, restaurants, fast-food chains, and everything in between bringing so much more depth to the game mode itself.
The models are already a thing on the Workshop, the only part remaining would be to code them in as consumable items on the server.
I was made aware that we already have some unused models for things such as milk, raw meats, and doughnuts which could all be incorporated not only as base materials for crafting the finished foods themselves but also in the case of the doughnuts as a ready-to-eat item.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Deeper consumables system
- More possibilities for legal civilian RP
-More in-depth RP and opportunity for Roleplay businesses where these could be made, sold, served, etc.
-The current options are extremely limited to: Beer, Burger, Hot Dog, Chinese Takeout, Orange Juice, Soda, Coffee and a Carton of Milk.
- More variety for passive roleplay
-Overhauling existing food to nicer models

What negatives could this have? (cons): I don't personally see a single negative thing about this.

*Other additions:

0EC4528CFEA52BBA98CE755C0AD59AD37575DAC8

4BE8BEAAD560ADB9A07EE41ECFA932992705F561

7BFE34CEE38894372097BA0E55E8A7104D095BAA

Last edited:
Reaction score
I looked through the current unused assets already present in the content packs... There nothing in there except for a better model for a carton of milk and for some reason a model for a tiny box of heavy cream.

Reaction score
It’s hard to do restaurant roleplay if you can only sell like 6 different food items.

Reaction score
Well a suggestion for growing legal plants was accepted along with the suggestion that adds special effects after consuming drugs so this seems like good idea that doesn't require too much effort. Meaning there would be an additional reason to grow plants (so you can make these new items) and there would be a reason for people to buy them if they give some kind of additional effect like for example small stamina boost for running to city garage faster.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
@Tomiko I don't play because rp died and everyone just wants to tryhard cop or crim like yourself that have contributed nothing to the community but thanks

Reaction score
@Daigestive If I consider that you're right and I don't contribute to the community with RP, at least I don't try to block people from trying it with stupid irrelevant argument. But I'm aware you can't do better but killing this community with such opinions. :)

Reaction score
I disagree. This isn't about only functionality. Its a roleplay server and this is an extremely neglected aspect for the game mode. And if you can't see any benefit from the list of "Why this should be added?" written above, then you're probably not someone interested in roleplay.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
@Tomiko if I used an actual argument to why I dont want to bother arguing with someone on the internet that's never had sex I'd be forum banned again. Saying that I just want to shoot everyone even though I havent played for 3 months isnt an argument. Find something better to spend your time on than wasting my time. Sign up to some dating websites or something.

Reaction score
You state more options for passive roleplay but this community doesn't need more options since there is already loads of ideas to be used its just this community would rather not roleplay at all. Everyone knows its not because of the lack of options its because only a select few have the energy to roleplay and take all of the minges who come and spoil it.

Status
Not open for further replies.