Motorcycles and motorbike helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasGeorge

Short explanation (in notes):
Motor cycle with optional side car.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
It would be realistic to see motorcycles within the flow of traffic. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to be apart of a motorcycle gang.
This could open up to a whole new variety of laws regarding motorcycles. For example: helmets must be worn etc.
Should be as cheap as the mini

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105144348

Optional additions:
- Easy to fall off your bike if you crash.
- Falling without helmet = more likely to be more seriously injured.

Reaction score
I like the idea very much however, I can just see it being very difficult to implement. Also, the models have to be TDM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This idea has been suggested alot of times really. They won't add this since there's no nice bike sitting stance or any good bike models (We only use TDM so..). It would be nice to see but it won't be added :S

Reaction score
I've always wanted to become a badboi and when I turned 15 I got a leather jacket and a dream to get a moped chopper :D
But on a serious note idk if tdm features motorcycles but yeah would be cool to see ;)

Reaction score
The only Bikes i know of are from Scars which are complete rubbish this cannot currently be implemented unless the Dev's make some or TDM decides to make them. It is a good idea but where are you going to get the bikes from?

Garrett Woodfield

Well why does it have to be tdm? The firetruck , swat van , towtruck is not tdm.

Deleted member 5920

Suggested and denied, there is this great thing called a SEARCH BAR.

ThomasGeorge

it would seem possible if the bike could be converted to be compatible with TDM, but how?

Garrett Woodfield

They would have to port bikes from gta to garrys mod.

Reaction score
27c81e709d.png
You might have missed this feature on our forums, just letting you know that there is a search function!

Ayjay

Reaction score
@lilsam747 suggested this back in Feburary, it was denied due to the fact that it's not currently the best in gMod; theres not currently any 'good bike models and the functions of the bike would not work within gMod.

Reaction score
+support i would like to see bikes in the game would add to a more realistic traffic flow and there could be laws on the riders etc

MattIs

Would be lovely having motorbikes but the TDM one is just naff. Noones really interested in motorbikes for gmod simply because of having to write it from scratch as the physics models of motorbikes is a lot different to a car. (You lean to steer a motorbike).

Reaction score
Ok first off, I'm just going to copy paste part of a private discussion I had with @MattIsMadForCod about why we use TDM as much as possible compared to other vehicle creators as there seems to be a common (but wrong) perception that it must be TDM.

StephenPuffs said:
Also I find the general quality of TDM is fairly consistent (with the one's we've decided to use). Plus I can count on TDM having a certain number of skins, although I have found ways that could potentially get around this. TDM also does skins in a specific way for most cars so it is easy for me to create effects like the dash lights turning on/off with the headlights. Overall it's far easier just using TDM only and that adding SGM would add a fair amount of content size that I'd rather not do.

So yes I may find ways to use SGM or LW cars, but overall I haven't seen the immediate need to do so.

To get back to this idea specifically though, I know this idea is not quite a month old now, and I meant to deny it back then but as you may note, there's several pages of suggestions at this point (most of which no doubt will get denied) and I just couldn't be bothered to write a response to each one when denying it with how much else I am having to do. Anyways this idea is denied because I honestly see it creating no real benefit to the server for the amount of time it would take to set them up to work in any way that works decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.