My friends cant join me and all it says is "Client info sent!"

Solution
in chroium ye
Ight if you both either change to chromium branch or the complete standard Garry’s Mod it might be your first solution if that does not work then continue reading.

This is a short list of what might work and what might be causing this issue.

1. I would as the first thing check my pc for any anti-virus or firewalls in general as those can fuck a bit with you being the host, if that doesn't fix anything we know firstly its not an issue on your system messing something up with Garry's Mod. Make your friend do this step as well, firewalls can mess up you trying to connect to any server or multiplayer game in general.

2. If you and your friend have any other Source games such as Team Fortress 2, verify integrity of...
Reaction score
in chroium ye
Ight if you both either change to chromium branch or the complete standard Garry’s Mod it might be your first solution if that does not work then continue reading.

1. I would as the first thing check my pc for any anti-virus or firewalls in general as those can fuck a bit with you being the host, if that doesn't fix anything we know firstly its not an issue on your system messing something up with Garry's Mod. Make your friend do this step as well, firewalls can mess up you trying to connect to any server or multiplayer game in general.

2. If you and your friend have any other Source games such as Team Fortress 2, verify integrity of game cache as some of those games might fuck with your Garry's Mod as well. This was stated on Facepunch a bit over two years ago.

3. Thirdly, a fix might be if you and your friend deleted all addons and then he tries to connect to your game that you're hosting, if it does not work we then now it can't be an addon messing with you.

4. Fourth and last, fully factory reset your Garry's Mod by doing it in this order below, of course if nothing else has worked so far.
  1. Go to your Garry's Mod directory.
  2. Open up the Windows Batch File "FactoryReset-GMod.bat"
  3. Open up the file and press "Y", this completely resets the game, so it's like you just bought it for the first time.
  4. Open up Garry's Mod.
After doing this I would recommend trying both you and your friend on standard version of Garry's Mod and if it works you can change to chromium or whatever you desire and test that as well

This is kind of the similar fix I made my friend do as he had the same problem a few years back, if it doesnt work try making a ticket to Facepunch support.
I see you've already done the factory reset already, but as said try making your friend do that as well since the problem might be his Garry's Mod and not yours.

Last edited:
Solution
Reaction score
If none of these fixes actually did work for you and your friend, as said contact facepunch support directly.
Reminding you again, make your friend do all these steps as well, atleast it's recommended.

Reaction score

2. If you and your friend have any other Source games such as Team Fortress 2, verify integrity of game cache as some of those games might fuck with your Garry's Mod as well. This was stated on Facepunch a bit over two years ago.

3. Thirdly, a fix might be if you and your friend deleted all addons and then he tries to connect to your game that you're hosting, if it does not work we then now it can't be an addon messing with you.

4. Fourth and last, fully factory reset your Garry's Mod by doing it in this order below, of course if nothing else has worked so far.
  1. Go to your Garry's Mod directory.
  2. Open up the Windows Batch File "FactoryReset-GMod.bat"
  3. Open up the file and press "Y", this completely resets the game, so it's like you just bought it for the first time.
  4. Open up Garry's Mod.
After doing this I would recommend trying both you and your friend on standard version of Garry's Mod and if it works you can change to chromium or whatever you desire and test that as well

This is kind of the similar fix I made my friend do as he had the same problem a few years back, if it doesnt work try making a ticket to Facepunch support.
I see you've already done the factory reset already, but as said try making your friend do that as well since the problem might be his Garry's Mod and not yours.
what do i do here (im on step 1 rn) 1714991621451.png

Reaction score
Firstly thought mate, i would just do this below if i was you, i just sent the thing that helped my friend in the same order he did it.

"Client Info Sent freeze can be caused by either the server loading too many addons or from you having too many addons installed. Consider manually uninstalling all your addons, then connect to a server again and see if that fixes it."