Police Suggestion Negotiations/Hostage Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Have a new division named the Negotiations Divison or Hostage Division. Right now TFU has to handle hostage sits and most of them don't even know the definittion of negotiations. Having a negotiations division means hostage sits finally get taken care of properly.

People would apply like usual and then have scenarios where they are trained to negotiate with hostage takers and make sure all other officers are being communicated to properly. There have been countless hostage situations which ended in the hostage getting shot or the car with the hostage in it getting shot. Today we had a scenario exactly like this, it was accidental but it could've been prevented if there were proper communications.

This division would be a secondary division and officers ranked Corporal+ could apply for this. They would have actual training and maybe even some special tools but that is up to the developers and I don't really know what tools they should have.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
  • No more hostage situations going wrong.
  • (For server) Less angry people and arguments in OOC.
  • A new division people could join and have fun in.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
  • A lot of work before this can be implemented.
    • New policies have to be written.
    • More training has to be done.
    • Possible coding.
  • New rank that requires administrative work aswell.

Other additions: Make @pingu command, he is the only Officer that has actually shown proper negotiations in the last few weeks and I truly believe he should be command if this happens.

I am also willing to put time and effort into this becoming a thing, it is just not fun doing Hostage Sits because you end up getting shot 9/10 times before you could even release the hostage.

If you vote No on the poll, please reply and explain exactly why and what you would want instead.

Reaction score
While I do like this idea, and I think it would work well. The PD is already too big for its playerbase. Adding another division will only increase the time and effort the PD takes to maintain. And while I do love the dispatch division, many people don't and its widely not used, so pushing resources into another potentially unneeded division may isn't the best idea RIGHT NOW.

However, I do really like the idea of more divisions, maybe subdivisions could be added, so rather than having a whole new div run by someone who has to spend tons of time and effort on this, it could be scaled down and more focused on by say TFU.

Just my two cents!

Reaction score
Making a division for this would be way too excessive.

I'll talk to TFU Command about bringing some resources out on negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.