Server Suggestion Nerf/Balance Remote Bombs for Raiding

Reaction score
I realise that suggestions surrounding explosives have been posted before however from what I can see this has been at least over a year ago, so I wanted to bring it back under the spotlight for review from the community and the staff/development team.

Description of the idea: There have been several occasions over the past couple of weeks where remote bombs have been used in order to assist in raiding. When used on smaller buildings such as apartments, it not only blows off the external door and props near to it, but almost all the props inside the property and several internal doors. This can pin defenders against walls inside or bury them under props, making it impossible to defend.

I would suggest either: nerfing the radius and/or explosive power of remote bombs, or at least at smaller properties such as apartment buildings. This should be to the point where it only takes off the external door, any nearby windows, and props solely within a metre/half-metre of the wall. Or instead, increasing the cost in making remote bombs to make them less of an appealing option for raids on smaller properties.

Why should this be added? (pros):
If the radius/explosive power is nerfed: this will be a quality-of-life improvement for defenders who spent far more money on crafting defences, and the time taken for them to place the defences in a way which does not conflict with the Construction Handbook. It will prevent situations whereby defenders are pinned or buried by props.
If the cost/skill level is increased: this will make it so that raiders are more likely to only opt for the use of remote bombs for use on larger properties, or use them more sparingly.

What negatives could this have? (cons): This shifts the power balance between raiders and defenders and arguably can be looked at in either light. It makes remote bombs less accessible, which could be perceived as a bad thing.

*Other additions:

Reaction score
Bombs shouldnt be nerfed, they're a more expensive alternative to crowbars/bobbies for a reason. Pushing into a maze with loads of peaks is quite hard in itself, the defenders always have a massive adv when someones pushing in (excluding peakers adv). Bombs arent hard to defend against with correct defences,common sense and decent aim. and if anything raiders should be buffed and earning money should be harder, instead of people being invisible growing for hours.

Max

Reaction score
There have been several occasions over the past couple of weeks where remote bombs have been used in order to assist in raiding. When used on smaller buildings such as apartments, it not only blows off the external door and props near to it, but almost all the props inside the property and several internal doors. This can pin defenders against walls inside or bury them under props, making it impossible to defend.

that's the point yes

Reaction score
that's the point yes
remote bomb raiders after winning their 12th raid of the day after people being stuck: we never said your defense was bad but let me spit some facts to you

Reaction score
One of your pros states that you spend money on props. Props arent perma destroyed by bombs.

Reaction score
One of your pros states that you spend money on props. Props arent perma destroyed by bombs.
To add on, metal detectors & wooden fence will instead be sent to your storage when blown up.
Metal detectors had a terrible habit of literally blocking doors where it would be impossible to even get inside, wooden fence is obvious as to why it breaks.

Reaction score
Bombs already got nerfed to shit, I feel like they're balanced atm, you almost always lose money when using them

Reaction score
I agree with this, bombs are cracked you spend a good amount of time making your base just for every single one of your defences to be flung across the room often trapping the defender against a wall. I understand that it is a bomb and it would move some props but if you think about it when the bomb is places it affects props through a brick wall and through doors. i feel the blast radios is stupid. All it takes is for one bomb and the raid defence is pretty much lost. It gives the top 10% of perpheads players a huge advantage against the rest of the players. It also makes basing in any apartment impossible because ONE bomb moves every defence in the apartment.

Reaction score
As Acer mentioned, the blast radius should be reduced to the point where some props are affected (half a meter or something) or atleast make the brick defenses heavier to move.

Reaction score
If you get bombed in real life the whole place will come down, furthermore bombs have been nerfed enough, they're expensive and you're unable to slingshot them now, rules have been placed to stop you having the whole Taliban place one under your house, now there's a limit of 2. Finally I personally never use bombs in raids, I hate them because they make head glitches and weird angles for the defenders in most cases, bombs are really useful against massive organisation bases and personally I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I bomb @fatdoobies on a daily basis irl. He's got the cancer headglitch elevated defence.

Bombs got nerfed really hard in a number of ways including range and damage. They're good as they are

rat

Reaction score
A way to fix this would to nerf current bombs, and set them as the middle tier of bombs whilst introducing more tiers.

Something like a bomb that's less expensive but only blows the door off and one that's more expensive and has the same power as current bombs.

Reaction score
A way to fix this would to nerf current bombs, and set them as the middle tier of bombs whilst introducing more tiers.

Something like a bomb that's less expensive but only blows the door off and one that's more expensive and has the same power as current bombs.
Can you make this as a separate suggestion? It’s a really good idea but wanna see community opinion.

Reaction score
Its worth mentioning that bombs used to literally force you into the back rooms of a slums apartment and used to straight up kill people. There was incidents where people would put bombs outside of slums 4, stand inside the bedroom of slums 3 and still take damage. They were already nerfed to shit.