Server Suggestion New Player QoL

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Player QoL
Suggestion Description: This suggestion is around a few barriers I have seen new players face, if there any you can think of, please share them and I will continue to edit this thread!

Binds
There are two binds that New Players are consistently missing - F1 (gm_showhelp) and alt (+walk). Would be great if the server either force bound these when a new player joins or at the start of joining put a bind menu to ensure these are bound.

If you are a new starter and these aren’t bound, you cannot complete the missions. Yes they can ask in /help but would be great if they didn’t have to!

Properties
Whilst we all know properties are high demand, there is a requirement for a new player to purchase a property, there are so many help & support posts about this.

I think it would be great if the missions told the new player which property to buy that is unowned, this way they don’t need to keep searching.

I also think it would help if there was a mission that made you sell the property (there might already be, my dumbass just can’t remember) but this will then reduce the amount of empty unowned properties!

Raiding
When a player is doing the missions I believe their property should either be unlockpickable (but allow police to break down) or display a ‘Doing Missions’ title.

This part will likely cause the most -support, however, I would only like to see this implemented with a system that prevents illegal activity during missions & a new rule. Just think if you are doing the missions and get raided, you will not stay.

Helper access to missions
There’s been a few times a player says they are doing a mission but don’t know what to do and they explain it and it doesn’t make sense, they are clearly just confused.

Would be great as a helper to have a view of the mission they are doing & the current objectives, this way we can really help.

Doesn’t matter how it’s done, could just be their HUD also appears on our screen if we select it to on the TAB menu. This way we can properly help when players are a little confused.

Think that’s all, would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks!

Why should this be added?:
- QoL
-New Player retainment

What negatives could this have?:
-Risks of abuse (Unlockpickable doors)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree without issue the first and third part. The 2nd part however I think a better idea would be to prevent them from doing illegal stuff until missions are done. Hell why not even make growing weed a mission. This one is difficult but if you add teaching them barricades and weaponry and guns first it can help.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I agree without issue the first and third part. The 2nd part however I think a better idea would be to prevent them from doing illegal stuff until missions are done. Hell why not even make growing weed a mission. This one is difficult but if you add teaching them barricades and weaponry and guns first it can help.
I think the bit for me is, at the moment they aren’t told to do anything illegal so raiding them brings no added value to doing so however players have no knowledge that they are doing missions!