Police Suggestion New police barricade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Model and implement road/sidewalk barricades enscribed:
NYPDPoliceCrowdBarrier3dmodel01.jpg5c0d0b79-59cd-467d-9b54-bb7ff8e3a1c7Original.jpg

POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS
PARALAKE POLICE DEPT.
These would be similar in shape and purpose to those used by police in the United States and would be an alternative to the more-generic road barricade, which is available to everyone, and also require fewer to be placed as they make a cordon's restrictions clear (if you pass it, you're clearly violating the cordon, rather than having to physically block off a section of pavement).

Preferably these would be available in the police cruiser or at the equipment NPC.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Allows for clearer, more precise and less prop-heavy management of a perimiter.
- Clearly denotes a perimiter's restrictions and the authority that placed it to citizens.
- Can be used in a wide range of situations to instantly keep citizens at bay.
- Realistic compared to their use in the United States.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- None, bar some minor modelling and texturing required (although there are plenty open-source addons on the workshop free to request pre-made models from)

Reaction score
How are we supposed to find out which cop it was though?
A system with meters of tape you got; if the officer used like I don't know, 10 meters of tape of the 20 he has, it shows that he used it at least, that's one thing already.

Could also have it be that just SO/CPL/SGT and above can have the tape; especially with Sergeants it won't be too difficult to pin the person down, nor do I see someone stupid enough to abuse the tape if they're a SGT.

Reaction score
I don't know how logs work, nor have I ever been a Mod, so don't immediately go like " yo shut the fuck up that ain't working ".

As a person uses the tape, you can click on the event like

" BigBenji used: police_tape at 10:23 in Bazaar "

There'll be a drop-down list of when it is used by that person, just to prevent spam, so it'll be like this

" BigBenji used: police_tape at 10:23 in Bazaar "

- BigBenji used: police_tape at 10:23 in Bazaar
- BigBenji used: police_tape at 10:25 in Bazaar
- BigBenji removed: police_tape at 10:26 in Bazaar
- BigBenji removed: police_tape at 10:26 in Bazaar

Reaction score
Not only does the majority of the community not have access to these logs, but as is certain actions already spam logs.
Seen as this is unlikely to happen with rank restrictions I don't really see a massive issue, I doubt there would be a huge amount of IAs especially when majority of the community wouldn't care for a penis being made out of a tape or swastika. And I'm sure there's a filtering system on logs. Presumbly prop placements are logged which is spammy I imagine.

//Or what @evionic said

Reaction score
How are we supposed to find out which cop it was though?
idk but trust me cops arent retarded they aint gonna do stuff like that also if they use a rope you can just get a admin involved to findout who placed it

Reaction score
do make a suggestion on tape if you want but this is a conversation for physical prop barriers with text clearly stating that it's an offense to pass.

to answer some questions:

The existing barricades serve this function as is. Notification that a perimeter is specifically a police perimeter is already a thing with existing barricades, as seeing the barricade should indicate to anyone that access to this specific area has been revoked by emergency services.
Yes, that's typically common sense, but common sense isn't something in law. Theoretically anyone could have placed the barricades, and with an occasional inability to maintain a presence at a cordon, newer players can easily see that the area is clearly fenced off for their safety by the police, and can understand the ramifications. This is why, in real life, police use equipment that says 'police line - do not cross' or something similar to secure a crime scene as opposed to simply coning a place off.

Reaction score
in my opinion i would much rather see an existing barricade with a flashing light effect, similar to the one on the roadcrew beacons

Reaction score
in my opinion i would much rather see an existing barricade with a flashing light effect, similar to the one on the roadcrew beacons
imagine 10 of those all flashing their lights at a police cordon though... if police lights weren't bad enough for performance as is lmao

Reaction score
Give current barricades to RC etc, give these to cops because they actually have police written, and make it so people can't jump over them

Status
Not open for further replies.