Police Suggestion New police barricade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Model and implement road/sidewalk barricades enscribed:
NYPDPoliceCrowdBarrier3dmodel01.jpg5c0d0b79-59cd-467d-9b54-bb7ff8e3a1c7Original.jpg

POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS
PARALAKE POLICE DEPT.
These would be similar in shape and purpose to those used by police in the United States and would be an alternative to the more-generic road barricade, which is available to everyone, and also require fewer to be placed as they make a cordon's restrictions clear (if you pass it, you're clearly violating the cordon, rather than having to physically block off a section of pavement).

Preferably these would be available in the police cruiser or at the equipment NPC.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Allows for clearer, more precise and less prop-heavy management of a perimiter.
- Clearly denotes a perimiter's restrictions and the authority that placed it to citizens.
- Can be used in a wide range of situations to instantly keep citizens at bay.
- Realistic compared to their use in the United States.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- None, bar some minor modelling and texturing required (although there are plenty open-source addons on the workshop free to request pre-made models from)

Reaction score
Would be beneficial for situations, say at bazzar when people just walk behind the barriers or at shootouts at slums. Could see good potential for these

Reaction score
you can always use police tape you have it as a item you equip and click 2 points and it makes the line
See the source image

Reaction score
How would they be different to the current police barricades (high and small one) and what use would they get compared to their counterparts and would this make their counterparts replaceable?

Reaction score
How would they be different to the current police barricades (high and small one) and what use would they get compared to their counterparts and would this make their counterparts replaceable?
the diffrence is they have the stop police on them so you can differentiate them from the rc or civilian places ones also there fancy

Reaction score
you can always use police tape you have it as a item you equip and click 2 points and it makes the line
See the source image
Ah yes, the player base wouldn't use this for any other purpose whatsoever. However, I do agree that it would be nice to have non-road traffic barricades for foot use.

Reaction score
Ah yes, the player base wouldn't use this for any other purpose whatsoever. However, I do agree that it would be nice to have non-road traffic barricades for foot use.
we wont find out how often it'll be used until its added i guess

Reaction score
The police tape would probably be easier to code, just let the police officer press E on one side of the wall ( or a police barricade ) and press E on the other, and you just reskin a rope texture from HL2 and boom, you got yourself a tape " rope " thingy.

Good idea.

Reaction score
The police tape would probably be easier to code, just let the police officer press E on one side of the wall ( or a police barricade ) and press E on the other, and you just reskin a rope texture from HL2 and boom, you got yourself a tape " rope " thingy.

Good idea.
easier to code than a prop that requires no coding? police tape is cool yeah but would be much more effort than a simple prop

Reaction score
easier to code than a prop that requires no coding? police tape is cool yeah but would be much more effort than a simple prop
you can litterly use the rope tool just have it so its not a gun and like a reel of tape

Reaction score
Naw I just meant to call it " easy " not easier, I just thought logically that it would just not take too much time lol

Sorry if it angered you cause of my poopy use of words!!!!!

Reaction score
Naw I just meant to call it " easy " not easier, I just thought logically that it would just not take too much time lol

Sorry if it angered you cause of my poopy use of words!!!!!
not angered! - i like the idea of tape, do suggest it, but i thought you were saying that a barricade props wasn't worth is because tape is easier, to my confusion lol

As said, they'd be police-descript and would get the same use compared to the current barricades (cordonning of areas, as a last resort behind cones to stop traffic, etc.) but would have the benefit of describing that to pass is ignoring the barricade's warning and also indicating that the area is under police lockdown as opposed to a generic road works barricade, that can be bought by citizens.

Reaction score
The existing barricades serve this function as is. Notification that a perimeter is specifically a police perimeter is already a thing with existing barricades, as seeing the barricade should indicate to anyone that access to this specific area has been revoked by emergency services.

See the source image
This would just end up an annoyance and we'd walk into PD Just to see a huge swastika drawn onto the holding cell window. A nice idea, would rarely be used.

Reaction score
The existing barricades serve this function as is. Notification that a perimeter is specifically a police perimeter is already a thing with existing barricades, as seeing the barricade should indicate to anyone that access to this specific area has been revoked by emergency services.

This would just end up an annoyance and we'd walk into PD Just to see a huge swastika drawn onto the holding cell window. A nice idea, would rarely be used.
well the tape could and would only be used by the pd if they did make a swastika they could be reprimanded etc

Reaction score

Good idea.
exactly how i thought of it in my head are you in my mind .....

Reaction score
As long as the police job can finally freeze props again, because no one cares for barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.