New vehicle / job: TMA

Reaction score
Sometimes accidents happens on the highway, and emergency personnel are forced to park their vehciles on the highway to help out. And I've seen very often people ramming into the emergency vehicles because they couldn't break in time. And this happens in real life aswell. What some countries then did is that they bought TMA vehicles. What is that you might ask. Let me explain. Lets say there's an traffic accident on the highway. Firetrucks, ambulances responds to the accident. Police aswell and they try to close of the lane so that they can work alone. But some drivers couldn't break in time and almost killed the personnel working on the accident. So then a TMA vehcile reponds with lights and siren. The vehicle parks in the front so if there is any vehicle ramming into them, it will it the TMA vehicle instead of the people working on the accident. The TMA vehicle have alot of lights to be as vissible as possible. In Sweden it looks like this:

MG_9811-V%C3%A4gass_899x561.jpg

MG_9758-V%C3%A4gass_899x561.jpg

As you can see there's a big sign in the back. The driver of the vehicle can control it and change the sign, for example an arrow pointing to the left/right to direct traffic.

6416753507_06e8a2683f_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

(Vägen Avstängd = Road Closed"

I think it would be really cool to have this on perpheads. Maybe make a whole new job? Or maybe add it to the roadcrew. And in Sweden these vehicles are also equipped with mechanical tools to help out cars that have broke down on the highway.

Maybe it's too hard to get it to work, or maybe not worth putting the effort into it.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have anything else to add.

Reaction score
Would be cool, however since most accidents are resolved in minutes i dont see it being needed.

If you set your cones up like a smart person, not just putting two barricades infront but actually placing down 15 cones in a 7 degree angle AND make an advert, nobody will crash into you.

Deleted member 4431

seems pretty good, but I'd say give it to the Fire Department since it's such a big vehicle, and that the FD should be involved with RTC's 95% of the time anyway
honestly though this is a pretty fucking cool idea, but as I said give it to the FD Motorpool rather than have a separate job.

Last edited by a moderator: