New Broadcast System/Chat Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

pek

Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/new-broadcast-system.30807/

Main Idea: Add a new chat function where PLPD can warn about dangers in traffic to every car driver or citizen.

Full description of the idea: In my home country every time there has been a car accident all cars usually gets warned about the accident from the car radio. This is something I think we could implement to Perpheads as well. So my idea is to add a new chat function where PLPD are able to warn about traffic accidents. Every citizen sitting in a car should receive these traffic warnings in the chat box or in a specific app. Only Corporal+ should be able to use this function to decrease the chance of misuse.
This function could look like this:
[Traffic message] Traffic accident at City Bridge, please slow down upon arriving.
or maybe like this:
[PLPD Broadcast] Traffic accident at City Bridge, please slow down upon arriving.
instead of:
[Advert][PLPD] Traffic....

Why should it be added?: I believe this feature should be added because, currently, PLPD tend to use the advert function to warn about police barricades/accidents. Sometimes the police don't even warn about the dangers in traffic at all because /adverts are too expensive and are not supposed to be used in that way.
It shouldn't cost anything for the police to warn the citizens about dangers in traffic. Even if barricades are supposed to warn about obstacles on the road they become pretty useless on the highway when the incoming cars are driving at such a high speed so they don't have the time to react and stop the car. This puts many lives in danger.
Normal adverts can everyone do, so even normal citizens can make fake adverts from the police which is unrealistic.

Pros: - PLPD doesn't need to use advert
- No false traffic information in the advert section
- Less cars crashing into other cars and barricades
- Quite easy to implement
- More realism to the server

Cons: - Can be misused, but not likely

Other additions: -Be able to send these warnings from the police computer.
-These messages can be read on phone.
(If you want, this system also could be used to warn about other major incidents, like shootouts. I think both options could be a great idea)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.