No problem for free M82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: Cody Garrett
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: @Standish (I think?)
His/Her SteamID: I don't know
Why Should This Player Be Punished: He ran away under gunpoint for some reason. He just got lucky my shots didn't hit. He explained that he was confused in OOC about that situation so I think that it should be taken into consideration. Even if he was confused he shouldn't do stuff like that in my opinion because it ruined my roleplay experience.

Shout-out to ShamWow for trying to get me tilted by saying "Thanks for free m82" or something when I was speaking about it in OOC, just stfu, I don't care about the m82 but I care about the fact that you are being an asshole. I blame your parents for not teaching you how to behave tho, not you.
Evidence:

Reaction score
Fun fact - you didn't say anything over your microphone, if you did it was incomprehensible.

I can understand trying to make an action request against someone for breaking 'fear RP' but I was running to a storage chest and didn't even think you were a raider; you died, I did not. (Not sure why you would raid with a sniper rifle, you could probably justify running away from one because they are useless in close quarters)

If this didn't happen so quickly and so up close I would say you're right that this is 3.4/3.6; but I don't believe any rules were broken here. You used a long range weapon in a very close confrontation, I could liken it to attacking a man with a bat who had a firearm, at face value an assault rifle clearly dominates a sniper rifle.

To be honest, thought you were a friend. Even said at the end of the video who are you. Should of been more vocal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Snipers are like shotguns in close quarters. They are not useless at all. It's the best weapon. Anyone who has used snipers like that know that snipers are the best weapons. I see your point though, and kinda agree with it, but snipers are very good in close quarters on the server. You just got lucky that I haven't played perp for months and didn't hit a shot.

But if we look at the thing in another way, the rules are made in a way that characters can't do anything ridiculous and obviously your character doesn't know it's a game and therefore your character "doesn't need to follow 3.4 (which wasn't broken if you think about it in this way)" even though in OOC you know that snipers can kill easily in this game but realistically in real life it would be highly unlikely. (I'm very tired so blame me if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say).

Kinda arguing against myself at this point but I just wanna be fair ex dee. Will see what staff says about this.

Reaction score
@Cody Garrett Definitely not? I'm just saying you can't expect to raid with a long range, low carry capacity weapon and have the rule justification leverage when trying to gunpoint someone in an EXTREMELY close range environment.

Reaction score
From the video shown, there are a few other areas where Standish could've taken cover and equip a weapon:

the stairs,
the right-hand side of the entry to the storage container,
back into the room that he appeared from.

From what he exclaimed in the video ("Who are you?" ) he did seem rather confused as to who you were and maybe didn't hear you; this is backed up by his statement in this AR.

Additionally, he was an easy target and you engaged combat with him around for around 3 seconds, but the weapon of choice was poor which means that you missed every shot. I feel that if you had chosen a weapon that was more suited for close-quarters combat, eg. a shotgun or pistol, you would've definitely won; I know you are very skilled with weapons.

Your hiding spot of choice also didn't help, you were very far away from the door that Standish came from and couldn't contain him properly.

On the flipside...

Standish equipped the weapon around 2 seconds after he left the room, and around half a second after he realised the situation. This I would class as far too long to equip a weapon and he would have had a very high chance of losing the battle.

I hope you understand the side that I am coming from and hope you find my reasoning fair. To me, this seemed like a messy battle, rather than a blatant violation of rules.

rejected.png

Status
Not open for further replies.