NPC Sounds / Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Adding new sounds and text to NPCs when interacted with.

Short explanation:

Add new sounds and text to NPCs when interacted with to ensure they aren't the same and just get boring over a period of time.

Detailed description:

I believe new sounds and text should be added to NPCs because when you go to the police department to get a job every day you'll just here the NPC making the same sound all the time and it gets pretty annoying and boring. You could also add new text to it to make it so it doesn't say welcome you have everything, blah blah blah. You could make it say something along the lines of this:
"Welcome my name is Bob, if you need anything just ask! I have equipped you with the following gear: Handcuffs, Beretta M9, Nightstick, Handcuffs and here's your uniform!"

Some ideas for the sound could be things like this: "I'm so tired, I've been standing at this desk for ages". Obviously it wouldn't exactly be that as sounds are a lot complicated to make as you can only use things from source that's already there, but what I was suggesting is to find like a soundboard or something that can be accurate and fit the NPC's voice and you could make it say custom things depending on what programme you would use. However, I am not really sure what programme you could use to make that and whether or not you could add it or not as I have 0% coding experience and I have never coded anything good in my life, apart from the basics like Python, etc. Please update me on whether this is possible or not, instead of me waiting a while to find out it's denied.

I'm guessing the text chat won't be as hard and I'm 99% sure it is possible, it's just your discretion on whether or not you want to add it, but I guess it would make a change to seeing the usual text when you join the police force.

Optional additions:

-Different voices everytime like the current one and depending on whether it's male or female or not.

-Everytime you join the police force, the text doesn't just have to be edited to say one certain thing, it could change from time to time depending on how a person looks and what their mood would be, so it could change from Hi my name is Bob and if you need anything just ask to Hello welcome to the police force, I guess. I wont be able to take your questions as I'm always busy. You get the gist, obviously you could easily improve it.

-Make the sounds say the same thing as the text, for example if it says "Welcome my name is Bob" in text, then in voice it could say the exact same thing and be adapted to the character's appearance as you wouldn't give a squeaky person's voice a man's voice, you get the gist of it. (Suggested by Daymon)

Thanks for taking your time to read, again before you start giving me all this feedback on whether it's good or not, inform me on whether it's possible or not if you know, thanks!

Kind Regards,
Daragh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well most of the voice chat with NPCs is taken from Half Life 2 so that's why they mostly implemented it.
The only thing I would change is when the people whistle because my ears explode then. Then again you can just turn down your volume.

Reaction score

I support this, but are we getting random voice packs tough? Where will the voices come from?

Reaction score
We need to hire Finlay Russell to do the NPC sounds. And I believe @Sir CaptainSpaghetti wants to take part in it.
Taking the piss out of someone for being squeaky and Young when you are yourself :facepalm:

I would love the NPC sounds to be the same as the text, would be a nice little feature, the issue is obviously getting the voice actors for it, I mean it's not like everyone can do it just like that. So +support for sounds to be the same as texts, might be hard cus of the voice acting

Status
Not open for further replies.