Opinions on the new “iPhone X”

JRW

Reaction score
hello perpheads community, there are two types of people in the world, apple users, and android users, I’ve always preferred apple. My opinion has changed if all future iPhones turn out like the iPhone X,
Pros: more screen to body ratio
More default storage
More features
Better camera
And FACE ID, (my first problem)
Negatives:
No home button, scroll up to use a button that could of been easily implemented like on most android phones without any buttons
Removal of easy access notification centre for the more confusing use of the control centre instead, because the scroll up action has replaced it, replacing the button that has been replaced by an inch of more screen...

Now my first problem is face ID, at the conference they tried using face id, it failed because it was set up to a different face, many people thought that’s cool, they can’t be broken into by a lookalike or something, but what if someone just wanted to check a notification and it locks the phone, one it’s gunna take a bunch of power concidering the iPhone is lift to wake, 2 it’s going to be slower and less efficient than Touch ID, and it’s a tedious task where ur going to have to get to good enough lighting without a forward facing flash and it just won’t be practical.

Secondly the removal of the Touch ID button in general and notification centre. Now I know it’s not been completely removed but it’s home has been repossessed and harder to get to, and replacing it is the control centre which would be hard not to use on a daily basis, now scrolling down from the top of the screen is going to be tricky due to the oddly placed shitty camera strip placed right at the top middle of the phone, and also just a weird feeling in general, and it feels so natural the whole iPhone setup atm, and being someone testing out iOS 11 before release they’ve improved everything so much, why then ruin a good software and brand name in general on a shit overpriced phone that is only so expensive because they payed for the screens, wait for it... FROM SAMSUNG, the bought there competition screens because yes they are better, Samsung have always been better since the iPhone 4. I’ve just always stuck with an iPhone....

I’d like to hear ur opinions

I’ll enjoy my final year with my iPhone 7 then going to get the Samsung galaxy s9. SO I CAN USE A FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK...

Steve jobs would be turning in his grave

Reaction score
shit company, shit phone. samsung isnt the best either tbh

Reaction score
I honestly don't like the fact that Apple have been trying to remove most buttons from iPhones in the past few years. Every one up to 6 was fine, but now they're just stupid. The removal of the headset jack on the 7 was as bad, but now they're literally making it one giant screen, which personally I don't like

Reaction score
i hate iphones because im an edgy teen who can't afford one so hey if u cant afford it that means it's bad, screw apple i love huwai ! !! !

1 dumb = 1 winner thx everyone

Last edited:
Reaction score
3ee.png

Reaction score
Apple has been pumping out uninnovative shit for years as their phones are a status symbol and they know people will buy it no matter how overpriced. Nothing new here.

Reaction score
I really don't like it. I think the top thingy looks stupid, and I think it's overpriced. Sure, you might say it's got a camera capable of capturing 4K in 60 FPS, and that's true. I'm pretty sure it's the only phone capable of doing that. People will buy the phone, because of the camera, the style, the simplicity (even though Android is still very simple) and the brand. I can't really see any other reasons. If you want a bezel-less phone, please just buy the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. It's got better specs, except for the camera, and, in my opinion, looks much better than the iPhone X. The Face ID also makes me even more scared about Apple sending info about us to the NSA or some shit.

This is just my opinion, though, and it certainly isn't representive of the majority of the world. Buy an iPhone if you need that 4K 60 FPS experience. I'm not really one to judge.

Reaction score
I'm an Android type of person and to be very honest, this year with the iPhone X, apple kind of impressed me with some of the new features and honestly I think their designs are absolutely stunning. The only thing which lets me down is the fact that I can't install PDANet to an iPhone and bypass cell carrier tethering restrictions. Other than that, there are many other things I utilise a rooted android device for and that simply just isn't the case with IOS. I have always said that the perfect phone would be designed by Apple and ran by Android. Just my personal opinion.

P.s Like if you're getting the Note 8. 10 days until Payday and then i'm going to buy one :D

@Sneaky

Just Three. They limit hostpot to 30GB whereas my Phone Data us Unlimited. When I said restrictions I meant that it just stops working after 30GB has been shared. PDANet changes the browser signature on my Laptop from Desktop to Mobile. Very useful since I travel a lot and need constant connection on my laptop for work.

// comment was too big so putting it here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're the type of person who has a blurry camera quality and uploads blurry snapchat stories with shit emojis.
I dont even have snapchat.

Besides, i never said iphones have a horrible camera, they're not bad but not the best.

Here's a picture i took today with an iphone 6, the res isnt bad but i feel its a bit dull, will try some manual camera app in the future.
tvKO9DO.jpg

there have a reasonable arguement non why i don't like iphones, will try getting a crispier image tomorrow with 0% added effects/compression so it will be comprehensive

Reaction score
Way fucking over priced product in an over saturated market. It's funny because Samsung supplied the displays and processors.

amr

Reaction score
Looks like a galaxy s8. The only good thing that iphones have are better front cameras, and unless you're a teenage girl obsessed with her facial appearance, I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyhow some people in my family are gonna get it when its out so I can give a proper review rather than my opinions.

Reactions: JRW
Reaction score
*walks slowly towards microphone and sits down*
I hate apple anyway and this shit looks like the display cracks after tapping it too furiously while playing candy crush
*deep breath*

Reactions: JRW
Reaction score
i mean i dont have anything against apple, im sure their phones are great. But I am not paying £1000 for a phone that can do most - if not all - of the things my £300 phone does

Reaction score
Hiya, The Apple Team in charge of the Iphones and the lightning cables have seen this post and have taken the reviews to the Feedback Team. Here they are in action:

hqdefault.jpg

And no, that fire is not being fuelled by wood.

Reaction score
1000£ just to drop it the next day

xd

btw wtf is up with people replacing their phones, had my Iphone 4 for ages just only replaced it now with Iphone 6 which is more than enough xdddddd