Organisation team-speak channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Organisation team-speak channels.

Short explanation (in notes):
Well having group channels could benefit the organisation meetings, reviews and interviews.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Well let's all begin, for an organisation to be able to have a teamspeak channel it needs to have an up time of 1 month and after the organisation disbands it will be removed so it's temporary until the organisation disbands.

This all came into my head when I saw police gaining channels like the police lounge and I don't understand how this benefits them having 3 of the same team-speak channels but hey ho, I believe this could benefit the organisation members because it would make it much easier to have meetings by putting priority speaker on, if anyone caught meta gaming in these channels action will be taken.

Optional additions:
-Comment your opinions.

Sorry about spelling or grammar on iPad.

Reaction score
I have to -Support this. I can't really see a way that this wouldn't end up in metagaming in one way or another. If you want to have group interviews or meetings, use one of the many private channels.

Deleted member 4084

It's a good idea, however from the point - There are way to many organisations, plus you have an app on your phone called teamspeak which you can host / speak to other(s) there.

+/- NEUTRAL

Reaction score
We've had multiple discussions with @Jordan about the number of Teamspeak channels added. This was already cut back quite heavily from what it was originally. That said, until the "new police system" is added, we can't say just how used that all will be so it will remain as it is until we can have more identifiable usage.

About organization Teamspeak channels specifically, I don't see what the benefit here is. We already have created a Teamspeak like clone on the phone as an app in game, so if you need to have a organization meeting, use that. I know you're trying to say, "what about if people aren't on the server" but then I don't see discussing in character things as being needed. As the Teamspeak is an out of character type thing, which is why talking about in character things in it is considered "metagaming". Additionally, with how many organizations we have on the server, I don't think we need 100+ channels added, let alone trying to keep track of which ones are actually active. If we said "to get a channel you must pay $X in game", then it only gives more light to certain organizations and have them expand faster. So to me I'm failing to see the real benefit of this over just using a channel we already have. There are 6 private channels and 4 general channels, which rarely fill up entirely and typically there may just be one person sitting in there AFK. I'm uncertain how this would avoid metagaming at all other than having a staff member periodically poke their nose in to see what the discussion is, and if you ask me, that's just bad.

Reaction score
You can already meet up IC'ly with the organization and have a meeting, no problem.
Don't see the point in this, have to agree with Stephen on this one.

I know what you are going for, but the app on the phone in-game is good enough if you are far away.

Neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.