Paintball: Why or why not?

Reaction score
I just dont think it's for everyone. It's not always accessible in terms of location, and it seems to be quite pricey if you want to do it as a hobby, imagine it be a nightmare trying to convince your own friends to start it as a hobby too.

Had the opportunity to do it once, great fun but boy did I come back with some nasty bruises lol.
Yeah, you usually have to find a club, where likeminded individuals come and want to actually play more often.

The bruises traumatized my girlfriend from ever participating in another game again, whilst I walk around like an octopus attached itself to me for a day.

Reaction score
Honestly go airsoft

1. In the long run it’s cheaper . You can get 5k bbs for like £10
2. Gear looks more realistic (if that’s your sorta thing)
3. Hurts more but won’t leave toh with a fuck off bruise
1. Yes. That I can't disagree with.
2. You have the option of MagFed paintball and the gear IMO feels and looks quite realistic (except the bigger barrels, but most companies cleverly put rails around it for it to not appear as big
3. I've tried Airsoft. It doesn't hurt me personally, it just slightly stings, whilst Paintball hurts. But the bruises are the bruises of a warrior.

Reaction score
I went paintballing about 2 times and the first time sucked because it was my work colleague who organized it and got a bunch of randoms and their randoms. Me and some parent were the only one's that weren't a bad sport, everyone else was NEVER calling hit so I believe finding a good group is also hard.
At one of my fields, we have 2 refs on field all the time and we will call out cheaters every time if we spot them getting hit.

2nd time I went with my friends which of course was more fun. We even got bigger caliber paintballs but it was in the middle of piss pitch darkness winter and I managed to step into some nasty smelling puddle of water but hey, it was fun. We got one of the instructors on the field switching teams as they were a friend, it was fun when I got to mag dump my ammo into him as he was stuck in a small shed unable to move out. Love camping.
Paintball is god awful in poor lighting due to the masks (especially the rental ones not having thermo lenses, so they fog up).

Another factor is price and location for us. We all split the bill and shared ammunition packages. Crotch protection isn't even included for the men so you have to dish out more lol. Smoke grenades were also a waste of money.
Crotch protection is almost never available. Then again... I've got shot close range (2m) at a tournament before I started wearing slide shorts, which do provide some protection, but it funnily enough is not that much of a pain and it wears off quicker than getting shot in the back.

Another reason we don't provide crotch protection is sanitary reasons.. You can bring your own though!

Smoke grenades are an absolute scam. We have some and we offer them for like 3€ per smoke and we buy them for 1.5€. They don't smoke up the field whatsoever and are just good for photos. I always tell people this, but they never listen.

Reaction score
Probably because of the communities around them for most.
My experience so far was that the Paintball community is fairly accepting. People are willing to spend an hour of their day helping you fix your marker, when they could be out playing. And then don't even ask anything from you.

Reaction score
My experience so far was that the Paintball community is fairly accepting. People are willing to spend an hour of their day helping you fix your marker, when they could be out playing. And then don't even ask anything from you.
I own my own airsoft kit to go with mates but the vast majority of the community is full of very fragile people who use it as their safe space to act how they do online because they won't do it anywhere else!

Reaction score
The bruises traumatized my girlfriend from ever participating in another game again, whilst I walk around like an octopus attached itself to me for a day.
To be fair, the bruises were part of the fun, days after where myself and my friends laughed at eachother for how much in pain we were or reminiscing the awesome shots we got on eachother.

Just a shame it's incredibly difficult to coordinate a group of friends, especially now that we all work x.x

Reaction score
Another reason we don't provide crotch protection is sanitary reasons.. You can bring your own though!
Oh they're one time use lmao, they're like some hard plastic.
At one of my fields, we have 2 refs on field all the time and we will call out cheaters every time if we spot them getting hit.
I wish ours did. Refs only overlook the field to see if anyone is breaking safety rules like taking off the mask during a play session, making sure guns are in safety and provide the safety socks that go on to your gun, just safety tasks really.
(especially the rental ones not having thermo lenses, so they fog up).
Yeah, I could tell. I brought some spare microfiber cloth towels to clean them between games and it helped.