ParalakeCars Club website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
logo_256.png

paralakecars.shop

I was rather bored and so I decided to gather all the information we had (all the spreadsheets) on cars and make it all available in one place! With this, I decided to code a very simple website using Django as a framework. This took me 2 days to code and 2 more days to get all the information and take and edit all the car pictures manually and store it in the database (MASSIVE thanks to @TinySlayer for helping me get the remaining info, I was adding everything manually).

On the website you can check the about page for the story behind the car dealer in Paralake (I made it up and I hope no one minds it). It also has a FAQ page that should have everything you need to know. In case you need me to add anything there just PM me.

On the catalogue you can see all the cars that you can buy in car dealer (except the Ford Raptor and the Mazda Furai) and I do intend to add a page for special vehicles such as job cars and trucks.

Lastly, there is a search function that you can use to find your dream car. Make sure to combine the filters to find a car within your budget that meets your expectations!

TODO:
  • Sorting algorithms on the search function
  • Add more information such as the bodykit prices
  • Add special vehicles page with cars from jobs and etc
  • Add a page with the colors and their prices

Thank you to everyone that has helped me:
@TinySlayer - once again, helping me get the remaining info
@ayjay ツ - keeping me motivated
@Dukeburger818 - coming up with the 3 names of the founding members in the about section
@Hendricks - taking the picture of the ford raptor
@Super_ - reminding me of some FAQ information
@Henk - sticking the thread
@Archibald - not leaking and bug testing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great job on this website! Definitely gonna be handy for reviewing car specs with all its prices for upgrades, etc with ease. You're also welcome for some of the FAQ stuff :D

Reaction score
  • Staff
Quick Update: Added sorting stuff to the search page, so starting searching now!!! :penguin:

Reaction score
You threatened to kill me at the car dealer yesterday for punching you (I didn't). I guess I know what for.

This is brilliant, thanks.

Reaction score
I was rather bored and so I decided to gather all the information we had (all the spreadsheets) on cars and make it all available in one place! With this, I decided to code a very simple website using Django as a framework. This took me 2 days to code and 2 more days to get all the information and take and edit all the car pictures manually and store it in the database (MASSIVE thanks to @TinySlayer for helping me get the remaining info, I was adding everything manually).

On the website you can check the about page for the story behind the car dealer in Paralake (I made it up and I hope no one minds it). It also has a FAQ page that should have everything you need to know. In case you need me to add anything there just PM me.

On the catalogue you can see all the cars that you can buy in car dealer (except the Ford Raptor and the Mazda Furai) and I do intend to add a page for special vehicles such as job cars and trucks.

Lastly, there is a search function that you can use to find your dream car. Make sure to combine the filters to find a car within your budget that meets your expectations!

TODO:
  • Sorting algorithms on the search function
  • Add more information such as the bodykit prices
  • Add special vehicles page with cars from jobs and etc
  • Add a page with the colors and their prices

Thank you to everyone that has helped me:
@TinySlayer - once again, helping me get the remaining info
@ayjay ツ - keeping me motivated
@Dukeburger818 - coming up with the 3 names of the founding members in the about section
@Hendricks - taking the picture of the ford raptor
@Super_ - reminding me of some FAQ information
@Henk - sticking the thread
@Archibald - not leaking and bug testing
This is no longer working due to hosting. Mind if I host it if you don’t want to continue to pay for it?

Reaction score
I could use the same. There's a reason I didnt renew tho. If anyone wants to contribute (pm me) the domain name is 15$.

Reaction score
I could use the same. There's a reason I didnt renew tho. If anyone wants to contribute (pm me) the domain name is 15$.
That’s why I wanted to just throw it in a subdirectory if my calculator. If you don’t want to share the code I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.