Parking Tickets - Government Officials

Ello Perplovers :D

I've been thinking of this for a while now. Lately , more and more , I see police vehicles racing down the roads , cutting corners , driving offroad , speeding , and pretty much ignoring every traffic rule in the book out of the city proper.

When I first joined this server I remember a road crew worker doing the same , so as I was playing a police officer , I pulled him over. It was then I found out you couldn't ticket government vehicles (I assume because of the fact no one really 'owns' them and they are spawned in by any employee) so I let him go with a 'warning'. This is when this issue first came to mind.

Pretty much the only thing you can do , to prevent government personel from doing things like this is contact the mayor and have said employee demoted. This isn't always possible though , due to the fact some mayors are more talkative then others, etc; ...

Right now I feel like too many government vehicles are allowed to walk straight over the traffic rules , and no one bothers doing anything about it anymore it seems , due to the fact you can't just pull them over and tell them off, because when you do they don't seem to be too bothered , knowing you can't ticket them anyways. Then again 'demotion' doesn't seem like a reasonable response to a mistake such as disobeying trafic laws.

So I wanted to ask , in the next map , are we going to be able to ticket or 'punish' government officials in any way other than having them demoted ? I feel that would encourage players occupying these jobs to stick to the traffic rules, and behave , if you will.

Your comment and opinion is , as always , greatly appreciated !

DaNiz

Banned
Reaction score
Thats what the demote option is for. If people wrecklessly drive as a gov offical, they deserve a demote so they know its serious.

Reaction score
DaNiz is right there is no other way but to have them demoted. you can't really punish a government job with tickets its pointless. and since this is a serious rp server they need to act serious. If you believe they are ruining your game-play experience. use /report. however i do know what you mean. But remember you can contact the mayor/chief assuming there is one at that time.

Reaction score
They should always use /report since a government official shouldn't be breaking the law they don't even have to bother contacting the mayor. Admins should immediatly handle this kind of shit.

Trande

Razertje said:
They should always use /report since a government official shouldn't be breaking the law they don't even have to bother contacting the mayor. Admins should immediatly handle this kind of shit.
Well, breaking the law is a IC matter, so they have to be punished ICly.

Reaction score
Razertje said:
True, but in the rules it states that Government Officials should stick to the law.