Police Suggestion Patrol carbines for supervisors?

Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Adding a completely new weapon for supervisors as an alternative to the Remington.

Rank wise, this could be limited to Sgt, but I wouldn't mind seeing it, or them, as Command member exclusives (Lt.+).

For balancing issues, these could be limited to 1 for every 3 officer slots available, meaning if theres 12 officers on, 4 would be able to access these.

In police departments that routinely carry firearms, officers who distinguish themselves as capable of doing so are issued a "Patrol carbine" or alternatively, purchase there own patrol carbine that they have authorisation to use on duty.

The default attachments for all these guns should be the Eotech micro holo, Full size holo, or the Microdot sight.

Patrol carbines are typically a semi automatic, short rifle or pistol calibre firearm that they use in the event of an emergency where a handgun won't cut it. The most common police carbines used are going to be listed below as possible additions to the armoury:

AR-15:
524995767c30f.image.jpg

Common amongst US Civilians as well as police departments, AR-15 platform semi automatic rifles are entering the hands of police departments all over the globe, from the US, New Zealand, And even in the London metropolitan police and the British transport police's armed response units. Locked in semi automatic only, this will grant the Supervisor some decent ranged damage. The model for this can be taken from the M4 or M16, then limited to only fire in semi automatic. Having standard police supervisors with AR15's however could lead to balancing issues as 5.56 is accurate, has high penetration, and can lead to officers engaging suspects at insanely long ranges.

I'm thinking the Police patrol carbine version of the M4 or M16 could come with 5 25 round stanag mags from the armoury, not the full size 30 round ones.

Beretta CX4 "Storm" 9mm carbine
1574429134710.jpeg
Basically a pistol with a stock, the CX4 carbine could be introduced as a patrol carbine. Its chambered in 9x19mm and offers more accuracy than a standard pistol. This is less common as a police patrol carbine but has seen its use by the Venezuelan national guard, European tactical police, India's border patrol, New Jersey's police department, and in certain military applications as a personal defence weapon.

MP5SF
london-england-uk-armed-police-officer-with-a-heckler-koch-mp5-9mm-ER9NM8.jpg

An MP5A4 but locked in semi automatic, the MP5SF is a popular choice amongst police departments in the UK. Could be added simply by using the existing MP5 model but locking it in semi automatic. Should come with a folding stock and a rifle flashlight. Maybe a sight attachment too, but only an Eotech holo or microdot.

HK MP7A1SF
He+loves+that+mp7+so+much+_23f8ab3575b941b990e3ecf44a7867c3.jpg
PDW-MoD27.jpg

Another firearm purpose built for the London Metropolitan polices armed response unit and the Ministry of Defence Police, The MP7A1SF is a semi automatic variant of the MP7A1. The downside of introducing this however would be its concealable, and thus, an officer could carry it around without suspicion of breaking the trunk gun policy.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
In general, this would allow officers to make sure that they have the right gun for the job, especially in times of absence from TFU.

All of these guns are to be implemented in Semi automatic ONLY, Meaning this won't be as effective as TFU, so TFU won't be redundant.

Also, it'd encourage less officers to use the Remington shotgun, which would be a good thing, trust me ;)

AR-15:
- would allow officers to deliver an accurate shot should the need be, as well as more power to stop vehicles if said vehicle is a danger that must be stopped.
- Already 2 existing models that can be used
- Would allow for a more accurate shot than the Remington, and could be used in a scenario where civilian life is in danger without risking much crossfire.

CX4:
- A fresh new gun on the server
- Would look pretty cool
- The real life variant takes M9 magazines so we wouldn't have to create new mags for it

MP5SF:
- Already existing model for the MP5A4 that can be used for the SF Variant. Maybe the Fire selector texture would need to be edited but tbh I don't think anyone who notices would care.
- Due to its 9MM Calibre, it wouldn't be harmful giving it to lower ranks such as Corporal.

MP7A1SF:
- Already existing model for this firearm that can be used for the SF Variant too
- Low damage so this would probably be the least "Disbalancing" Addition.
- Would look rad tbh

What potential negatives could this have for the department:

All:
- Could lead to balancing issues to an extent
- Someone would have to code a semi auto only version of all these preexisting guns.
- There's only like 2 command members in the PD who are not TFU, so they could end up the only 2 people ever really using these. If it was Lt.+
AR-15:
- Would give a rifle to non-TFU White listed officers
- Would enable wall banging massively

MP5A4SF and CX4:
- Would do the same damage as an M9 or Glock 17.
CX4:
A model would need to be created for it
MP7A1SF:
- The MP7 in semi automatic would be a pea shooter.
- It'd have to be edited statistically to be different from the civ version of the MP7 due to the MP7's pretty bad accuracy.

Other additions:

- Should the CX4 get added, it should also be added as a civ weapon. It'd be classified as an SMG but semi auto only. Maybe add the full auto version for Civs?
- This would give more variety and could see less remi cops rushing you, instead they'd be doing it with semi automatic carbines :)
- As the author of the post, I'd rather see the pistol calibre carbines added over the AR-15.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like this idea, it would give the PD an edge in shootouts against large shootouts. However, I can see this be used on the daily like the Remington, so policies should be introduced and officers should be trained in common sense how to use/when to use the rifle effectively. It should also be allowed for ssgt+ to give that rank an actual meaning other than having something to get to.

Reaction score
Hello,
Usually I'd say "APPLY FOR TFU THEN" however this is from a tfu them self. I think one every 3 officers is a bit much considering you can have like 4 tfus. I think if this were to happen it should be limited to 2.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I really don't see how they'd be any more OP than the current PD arsenal, as remington 870's are given to Corporal + in infinite amounts. Especially in close quarters, I'd rather take on an officer with a semi automatic rifle or large pistol calibre semi automatic carbine than a Shotgun.

Reaction score
I mean technically, I think this is why Light TFU was created, the balance of regular policing, with some of the heavy-duty arsenals of a Heavy TFU.

Maybe now give an option of deciding to wear your Light TFU or just your regular outfit.

dog

Reaction score
there's no point to it because the berreta is already a semi auto sniper and the remi is also a sniper

the reason patrol officers in the US have rifles is because of civilian body armor and because rifles are more accurate than pistols with a higher velocity round for longer range, neither of which exists in perp

what's the point of police officers having semi-auto smgs when they shoot the same caliber round as pistols

Reaction score
this HACKER thinks he can redeem himself like this? Think again padowan.

Reaction score
Tyla it took like 3 months for you to get caught cheating. Took me 5 months to get caught ban evading. Get on my level.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
dont we have enough of 4 heavy and 7 light tfu why need more

Reaction score
Ive nearly never seen so much tfu on duty tho, average of tfu playing is like 2 or 3 buy mostly 2

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
i did u dont want to see this zerg trust me
its usualy after they fail 25th raid on 1 propety and they have to get more firepower its mostly salt fueled reaction