Server Suggestion PD Snitch expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PD Snitch expansion
Suggestion Description: With the already implemented corruption of a PD snitch

At a certain level, orgs should be able to buy a service from the DD to:

1) check the owner of a car by copy pasting the license plate.

2) check the owner of a property by writing the name of it from a list given by the prompt prior to input.

3) pinpoint if a base of a rivaling org exists and where. (Considerably more expensive than the aforementioned 2 options)

Stronger, more established orgs become a slightly bigger danger to rival as result making them able to do investigative roleplay to pinpoint their enemies and precisely raid their apartments or steal their belongings.

Why should this be added?:
- investigative roleplay
- isn’t too powerful
- emphasizes the power of establishing your org
- adds useful perks to leveling up going hand in hand with the leaderboard reset
- less new players will get raided since I’d assume any org with this power would want to target the rival earning them more XP in the end and infamy.
- fights between criminals can turn out more fair as a result

What negatives could this have?:
- some might disagree and say it is too OP

What problem would this suggestion solve?: N/A

Reaction score
Might be a good idea, we can fill out some of the levels with no reward, do you have suggestions for the pricing of these services?

Reaction score
only "1) check the owner of a car by copy pasting the license plate." is a good idea, the other ones are just pure OP

Reaction score
Might be a good idea, we can fill out some of the levels with no reward, do you have suggestions for the pricing of these services?
Referencing the system already in place and considering the sort of economy we have. My following answer is only a hypothesis and it's up for debate:

1)Checking license plates should be $500 since it's not too powerful but its not too cheap.

2)Checking apartment should be $750 or $1,000 since it can result in a massive raid so it can be a decent investment.

3)Locating a rival org base should be either $2,500 or $5,000 since it can lead to high profits considering the drugs, guns and XP that would pay off as a result.

Reaction score

you can already investigate the property by just watching to see who comes in and out. This would just be another useless add-on, also #3 seems like it would be overpowered

Reaction score
Malek finally coming up with bangers, this is an awesome idea. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to plate check someone to car bomb them. This would be an epic expansion to the org xp stuff. great idea

Reaction score

you can already investigate the property by just watching to see who comes in and out. This would just be another useless add-on, also #3 seems like it would be overpowered
You state this, however how will it be OP? Considering only one person ever owns a property, from how it was suggested it seems to be random, and gives you little to no other information, such as how many people are basing there, what weaponry they are bringing, or if its even actually occupied with drugs inside, for all you know it might be empty, and its up to the player to walk up and investigate anyway. The only real benfits to useing this is to find a base who you are Rivals with, this is so you can possibly make extra org XP, leaderboard score etc, and while i personally don't see number 1 being used very often, as i can never recall a situation where i had to look for someones car(Then again i never carbomb so.)

Reaction score
Referencing the system already in place and considering the sort of economy we have. My following answer is only a hypothesis and it's up for debate:

1)Checking license plates should be $500 since it's not too powerful but its not too cheap.

2)Checking apartment should be $750 or $1,000 since it can result in a massive raid so it can be a decent investment.

3)Locating a rival org base should be either $2,500 or $5,000 since it can lead to high profits considering the drugs, guns and XP that would pay off as a result.
I 'd rather see it like this
1. 2000
2. 10000
3. 15000-20000

Personally I think your numbers are way too low, but the license plate thing for sure 2000 would be enough

Reaction score
I 'd rather see it like this
1. 2000
2. 10000
3. 15000-20000

Personally I think your numbers are way too low, but the license plate thing for sure 2000 would be enough
Agreed, don't make it pocket change to use such powerful abilities.

Reaction score
Perhaps also add a 30s timer inbetween LP checks. Makes you not want to write in every LP number at bazaar to find the person, but only to confirm you're car bombing the correct player.
I believe this is a thing for any current service by the drug dealer, if you put in more then one request in a min he will send you "you have to calm down a bit, you are not my only customer"

Reaction score
result making them able to do investigative roleplay to pinpoint their enemies and precisely raid their apartments or steal their belongings.
How is it investigative Roleplay to just write some NPC and get a address? It would be more true if they kept the current system of driving around and finding out.

I really like the license plate idea though!

Reaction score
How is it investigative Roleplay to just write some NPC and get a address? It would be more true if they kept the current system of driving around and finding out.

I really like the license plate idea though!
I can use your logic and say “how is it investigative? All you’re doing is driving around endlessly”

It’s still investigation in both examples. One is the poor and hard manual work. The other is a luxury option that still requires a little bit of digging to find what apartment you want to check unless obviously you have the funds for the last and third one.

an established organization can only be expected to have such power and influence in the city it runs its criminal empire in. Knowing there’s already an implemented PD snitch that benefits this organization, why wouldn’t they capitalize on Having ease of access to better tracking methodology of targets of interest? They totally would.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can use your logic and say “how is it investigative? All you’re doing is driving around endlessly”
You interact with others. You ask around, knock on doors. Maybe people asking why you are ''snooping around the neighborhood''.

Sending a message to a NPC is not investigative roleplay. It requires 0 digging since you can literally just write in every owned building that looks suspicious.

They totally would.
And they totally wouldn't sit in jail for 10years for a raid with fully automatic military grade weaponry having killed multiple people including police, but they still do because of balance reasons.

Reaction score
You interact with others. You ask around, knock on doors. Maybe people asking why you are ''snooping around the neighborhood''.

Sending a message to a NPC is not investigative roleplay. It requires 0 digging since you can literally just write in every owned building that looks suspicious.
Yes because every person wants to write the name of 31 owned properties each time costing them thousands while having to wait the cooldown, Your logic here is completely bogus dude, This whole statement makes no sense.
And they totally wouldn't sit in jail for 10years for a raid with fully automatic military grade weaponry having killed multiple people including police, but they still do because of balance reasons.
No, they do because of skill issue. GG, go next.

Reaction score
If something like this were to be implemented, there should be cooldowns in place to prevent it from becoming imbalanced.

I suggest a short cooldown for car owner/ property owner (30m-1hr) and a long cooldown for the rival's base location (~12hrs)

Reaction score
If something like this were to be implemented, there should be cooldowns in place to prevent it from becoming imbalanced.

I suggest a short cooldown for car owner/ property owner (30m-1hr) and a long cooldown for the rival's base location (~12hrs)
I agree, 12 hours should be the minimum for rival base location, it would be seriously broken if you could do it every 1-2 hours. This should be a daily thing, and make it so only 1 person in your org per day can use it. Disabling it afterwards for anyone in your org from using it again until that 12 hours is over

Reaction score
I believe for the way the economy is, the prices need to be a lot more, and as already mentioned, massive cooldowns should be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.