peephole

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMaui97

Topic:
Peephole on the door

Short explanation:
Put a peephole on the private appartaments that allows the owner (inside) to see who is knocking (outside)

Detailed description:
Usually some people knock at my door saying "it's PD pls open the door" (using voicechat so i can't verify if they'r officers or not). This usefull "invention" allows you to see who's knocking

Optional additions:
-Only who is inside should be able to use the peephole
-It could be activated by holding E when the door is close, or just holding another button

Reaction score
Would add more realism! +Support

You could have it so it is either always on every apartment, or make it a thing what people have to buy and you need to be a certain level of something to install it...

DarthMaui97

I like the idea that there shold be already one in each house, but maybe it's better if in hick town and other very cheap apartment like projex there isn't (who's ever seen a container/roulotte with a peephole in the door?)

Deleted member 5920

+Support, it ruins my trick of saying "Police, open up" but it adds more realism, so yeah

Reaction score
-Support ,i doubt this will work since it will be too small and if its small you wont be able to see through it.

Reaction score
[PH]Chicken said:
-Support ,i doubt this will work since it will be too small and if its small you wont be able to see through it.
Can be solved by letting the player see with a "camera". Not an actual hole in the door.

Reaction score
With this feature, it would be also great if you were able to shot through the keyhole and damage the player, while they were supposedly looking through it.

Reaction score
I leave a + Support.

Anyway about that thing you said about that they use voicechat so you can't really see if he is a cop, I think now to know if he is a cop (on chat), you must be facing him/looking at him, to show the officer's color job on the name. So if he uses a chat you can't really see in both ways.

Reaction score
Denied - Due to our map having 'Area Portals' to reduce lag. Having a Peephole would be impossible as nothing would show through it due to the Area Portals. This idea would have to be made with Source 2 if it comes out for Garry's Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.