PERP Medical Community JOIN US (PMA)

Reaction score
Sanitäter
PkvnY6V.png

DISCLAIMER: Though members may provide insight into medical matters in the community the advise is not intended to officially diagnose, treat, or cure any potential medical issues. Further, the advise of the association will always be to seek local, certified medical consultation, such as from a general practice physician, for any medical issues.

Welcome all to our very own PERPHeads medical community. Many people in PERP have a background or future in medicine, but because of the advanced nature of the profession people may find it hard to chat about it.

I wanted to create this so medical/future-medical professionals in PERP can help gain some resources. The purpose of this threat and group is to provide:
  1. Medical intellectuals to chat with about professional topics,
  2. Career advice to both prospective members and current,
  3. People to play advanced medical roleplay with or even games to play games, such Arma 3 (ACE Medical Mod), which require more medical background for proper execution,
  4. Provide a source for the PERP Community to query on medical realism in PERP, other games, or in community matters.

Current Membership
Garret Pierzchajlo (Thread Admin) | @Garret_Pp | Junior, Biology of Medicine Bachelors Studies (Pre-Med)
Chris| @Medulla | MBBS Medicine (Medical Bachelors, Bachelors of Surgery | Pre-med)
Bob Nixon | @Prepper | Firefighter; Medic in Danish Army; Training EMS
Jaden Rogerson | @Scrabuz | Sanitäter (For US: EMT-B)
@SleepyMode | EMT
@Illusion™ | EMT Training
@Teemo | Pre-Medical General Sciences (Triple Science GCSE)

Feel free to comment below with questions or assertions. Also feel free to start a professional discussion on medical topics below. If you would like to join please message me.
Thread Rules:
  1. Remain professional, no obscene comments or excessively negative language,
  2. Please recognize this thread is view-able to layman observers, do not share obscene images openly. If it is required for a discussion provide only a link to the image(s) and/or video(s) with a disclaimer describing content,
  3. Keep politics out of the discussion, this thread is for medical matters,
  4. Insurance may be discussed when referring to it in these contexts:
    1. Compliance (such as PQRS with Medicare),
    2. Coverage (such as what types of insurance cover what),
    3. Matters discussed in medical journals related to insurance (please cite article).
  5. It is generally expected that you should cite sources, especially when referring to journals and studies,
  6. Only cite in APA (American Psychological Association) or AMA (American Medical Association),
  7. Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements,
  8. Do not give specific medical advice on this thread,
  9. General medical advise may be given when citing the official guidelines from reputable sources (Such as journals or medical associations),
  10. Educational and practice medical cases may be presented here but all material must remain HIPAA complaint if regarding specific cases you have encountered professionally,
  11. Consultation may be provided on all educational and practice medical cases presented here. These cases will generally be pulled from journals or practice cases from medical boards. These consultations are subject to the disclaimer listed at the top of this threat as is all other content.
In replying to this thread you agree your replies are subject to moderation based on the rules listed above and may be altered or purged by server staff based on compliance to the above rules.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings my Medical Men and Women. I wanted to bring up a topic for discussion: NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs). Though these medicines are in heavy use both OTC and by script they have been shown more and more to increase the risk of CV events both in people w and w/o co-morbid factors like heart disease. I am going to link a few articles so everybody can read up on it and please post your opinions below on the future of NSAIDs in our first community discussion.

@Medulla @Prepper @Scrabuz @Mystic

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...imed-to-raise-cardiac-arrest-risk-by-a-third/
http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1909

Video to introduce you very basically to NSAIDs

====================
Tag anyone who would be interested. Please follow both forum rules and thread rules listed above.

Reaction score
My school offers an Emergency Services program which I enrolled in. Throughout the 4 years, you learn about police, fire, and EMS. Right now, I'm working towards my EMR cert, and next year I will hopefully get my EMT cert. In my senior year, I will complete my Fire 1.