PerpHeads anniversary map change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: PerpHeads anniversary map change

Short explanation (in notes):
Change the map when its PerpHeads anniversary.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
So a lot of old members of the community who have been here for a while may miss the old maps like Evocity or V1 or maybe V2 and I came up with a idea that is not too much but would bring back alot of memories for the old players. So when it is the anniversary of when PerpHeads first came online maybe you could change the map for a couple of days to Evocity or V1 and doing this will certainly touch the hearts of the old players and the community.

Optional additions:
Change the map for a couple of days or maybe even just the 1 day.
No wipe or what not.
Just a map change.
You have a lot of time to prepare this and think this through.
Brings back memories.

55ec88388a106.jpg
Evocity
or
B2FD3368533BDF40E380FAF4B32C29289579EE4E
V1

Hell, maybe even V2

All opinions on this are welcome!

just don't be a dick

Last edited:
Reaction score
i never had the pleasure of playing on those maps . but i still think its a great idea .
Even for new members . to be able to see how it was back in the days . and how much perpheads evolved

Reaction score
Pretty sure @Tom Hill suggested this in his own thread (can't find it anymore) where I brought it up yesterday in the shoutbox again :tuna:

I would love to revisit the old map (hell, even old content) as an anniversary, I do not know if they still have our V1 (Or even EvoCity data) but when I joined the test server I still had my V1 data. Might be a nifty little idea and fun to do.

Reaction score
It would be nice however you have to understand that the current features are built around V3 and we can't move back even though it would be an amazing thing to do

Reaction score
Evocity - Only got to play it for like a week but it was amazing, I loved the old police department.
V1 - By far the best version of Paralake.
V2 - Still awesome just not as good as V1.
V3 - It's good, but it's not as good as V1.

V1 was so simple but so fun to play on.

Reaction score
Nice idea, however there are certain difficulties with this.

What you got to understand is that A LOT of thinks are coded. Things like the monorail isn't only the map. It's the map and a coded train that works together to make a moving monorail with opening doors and seats inside.

"Esteban, where are you going with this?"

While the monorail won't be a problem if we roll back to evocity, since there isn't a monorail on that map, there is the NPC's. The NPC's are not static things that are added using the map file. They are scripted entities that a loaded every time the server starts.
These scripted entities need certain perimeters to work correctly. These perimeters include; Model, voice, what happens when you interact with them, and most important here Location.

If we don't have the locations for evocity still stored, this means that the devs have to set the entities up again with new locations. This may take a long time, since we have a lot of NPC's on Perp.

Overall, this is a nice idea, but i do think it will be quite difficult to implement if they haven't got the data from evocity still stored.
[DOUBLEPOST=1464092417,1464091808][/DOUBLEPOST]On phone, so I'm continuing my last reply through here, soz <3

We also have other things to set up. Spawn locations, vehicle spawn locations, and chairs around the map that you can sit in, gas station functions(what area you are able to refuel your car in), repair station, car wash, ATM's & more.

These all need a location to know where to spawn, and we would have to set them up according to the new map. This isn't impossible to do, but it does take a while with all of the amazing things we have on perp.

You would also need to setup a new property system with the properties in evocity. This also goes for all government owned doors, that need to be defined as government owned and have a little label on them.

Storage chests will need to be set up all around the map.

As you can see, there are a lot of things that need to be taken into account here. It is doable, but will take a while. And i think the devs are working on other things currently, and I'd rather have them working on these things than a map change for one day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice idea, however there are certain difficulties with this.

What you got to understand is that A LOT of thinks are coded. Things like the monorail isn't only the map. It's the map and a coded train that works together to make a moving monorail with opening doors and seats inside.

"Esteban, where are you going with this?"

While the monorail won't be a problem if we roll back to evocity, since there isn't a monorail on that map, there is the NPC's. The NPC's are not static things that are added using the map file. They are scripted entities that a loaded every time the server starts.
These scripted entities need certain perimeters to work correctly. These perimeters include; Model, voice, what happens when you interact with them, and most important here Location.

If we don't have the locations for evocity still stored, this means that the devs have to set the entities up again with new locations. This may take a long time, since we have a lot of NPC's on Perp.

Overall, this is a nice idea, but i do think it will be quite difficult to implement if they haven't got the data from evocity still stored.
[DOUBLEPOST=1464092417,1464091808][/DOUBLEPOST]On phone, so I'm continuing my last reply through here, soz <3

We also have other things to set up. Spawn locations, vehicle spawn locations, and chairs around the map that you can sit in, gas station functions(what area you are able to refuel your car in), repair station, car wash & more.

These all need a location to know where to spawn, and we would have to set them up according to the new map. This isn't impossible to do, but it does take a while with all of the amazing things we have on perp.

You would also need to setup a new property system with the properties in evocity. This also goes for all government owned doors, that need to be defined as government owned and have a little label on them.

Storage chests will need to be set up all around the map.

As you can see, there are a lot of things that need to be taken into account here. It is doable, but will take a while. And i think the devs are working on other things currently, and I'd rather have them working on these things than a map change for one day.
It would be nice however you have to understand that the current features are built around V3 and we can't move back even though it would be an amazing thing to do

//phone

Sure there should be some old backup right? Or does nobody keep backups and like to live dangerously :kappa:
@Fredy @StephenPuffs

Reaction score
Like I said in the Original post.
1. It does NOT need to be one day it could be a week but its up to the devs and the community's discretion on how long it should be.
2. It does not need to be done in a hurry, It could be the 5th or 10th year anniversary for PerpHeads.

With a few years for this to be done I think it would be doable I mean its not like im asking for a map change for next week.
and with all the things that Esteban has been saying I know its not just a change map situation and I know theres a lot more to it but its possible and with enough time it could easily be done.

MattIs

I dont think Fredy and Stephen want to re-locate every co-ordinate for every NPC and car spawn just for 1 day...

Reaction score
I never personally got to play on Evocity (started at V2) and would love a chance to see how the overall atmosphere and look the map actually had. I've heard so many good things about it, that I really just want to experience it for myself, even if it was just for one day. (I personally think that's a waste of time though, only one day and all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.