PERPHeads Logo Competiton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
will the slogan "an awesome garrys mod community" remain the same? i might give this a go

Reaction score
Light and Dark theme first draft. I am quite bad at doing fonts so forgive me, there are like 8 designs of different fonts rn. (the dark theme makes the light cog look too light imo.

I was thinking it could easily be animated as a loading icon too, the cog can turn. Was going to do some animations tonight, I'll keep you updated.

6wUZ2p6uWjVpHcRq.png

SKISWys3GrCAJuoC.png

only critism is the font looks a bit wack, maybe something a bit more chunky?

Reaction score
So, I thought I'd show you some more of the possible designs I had, I got rid of the cog after popular request. I've shown Ethan and Hitl.. Collier.
The font is very easy to change, there are a tonne on the gimp files that are useable. These ones are quite compressed so I could put them in a post easily. For the full-size images go HERE

Please leave your thoughts. Dark theme users are :troll:

1606834302721.png
1606834360353.png

1606834600863.png
1606834538608.png

1606834625500.png
1606834657735.png

1606834685411.png
1606834706337.png

Attachments

• 1606834533911.png
    1606834533911.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Will find a list at some point when I find the time.

Modernising it does not mean stripping its identity I hope, most of the suggestions in this thread completely change the logo and usually for the worst. No one has complained about the Logo, yet people are complaining about other things.

I think this is a case of a new position; new changes, like when a new manager changes the font of everyone's email signature to show that they are doing things.

You're doing cool things, there's no need to do a thousand and one initiatives. See how your awards system goes first and take it from there.

Reaction score
Will find a list at some point when I find the time.

Modernising it does not mean stripping its identity I hope, most of the suggestions in this thread completely change the logo and usually for the worst. No one has complained about the Logo, yet people are complaining about other things.

I think this is a case of a new position; new changes, like when a new manager changes the font of everyone's email signature to show that they are doing things.

You're doing cool things, there's no need to do a thousand and one initiatives. See how your awards system goes first and take it from there.
I quite like Joey's as it remains true to the colour theme of PERP and also doesn't totally change it. The purpose of this was actually rather to invoke community discussion and engagement as I feel that has been horribly lacking. However, I understand what you mean.

Reaction score
I quite like Joey's as it remains true to the colour theme of PERP and also doesn't totally change it. The purpose of this was actually rather to invoke community discussion and engagement as I feel that has been horribly lacking. However, I understand what you mean.
IMO, seems generic GMOD server to me IK swear I've seen logos exactly like that being used on GMOD before, the current logo has an identity and as such I prefer it. Removing the shine in favour of something else, maybe a new font for the PERPHeads rather than the current one could be solutions in modernising it.

Reaction score
Here's my futuristic take at it, take a look!

The colors will be changed according to the light/dark theme, this is a light theme draft. Tell me if you think I should proceed with it!
trial.png

Reaction score
I made sketch of my idea for a logo, it is absolutely not finalized as there is enough work to do still (such as removing rough edges, finding even better color matches etc) but if people like it I will put in even more effort otherwise, I will just bail it.

Light theme users:
Perpheads logo trial 1.png
Dark theme users:
Perpheads logo trial 2.png

Reaction score
Well the inspiration for my Logo came from our great German leader who helped make the community @Fredy as well as the numerous German members of the Perpheads High Command.

171208320862e4bd1842e7e8284a3eb7.png

I also have a Anthem, Uniform and Panzer designs for Perp should they be needed.
dishonest logo @Fredy

Mim

Reaction score
I made sketch of my idea for a logo, it is absolutely not finalized as there is enough work to do still (such as removing rough edges, finding even better color matches etc) but if people like it I will put in even more effort otherwise, I will just bail it.

Light theme users:
View attachment 9828
Dark theme users:
View attachment 9829
I actually really like this, it sort of holds the style of the old one but in a renewed sort of sense

Reaction score

Light theme users:
View attachment 9828
Dark theme users:
View attachment 9829
I like this one and im sure it'll look even better when you smooth everything out so we can't see the little imperfections. good job

Status
Not open for further replies.