Server Suggestion Perpheads US based Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Perpheads US based Server
Suggestion Description: There is a lot of users who love to play Perpheads, but the major issue is the Server is located in the UK. I know it started off in the UK but a lot of people (Especially myself) lag out when the server has roughly about 64 or more users, and my ping ends up through the roof. I think there should be a US based Perpheads server where users can play on US Perpheads if they are in the states, thus having a lower Ping.

Why should this be added?:
- US users can have normal ping and have their own local server (which happens at a different timezone all together).
- Bridge more from the US/Canadian side into an awesome community. 
- Tap into a market for donations and help from other users for development of the community.

What negatives could this have?:
- Cost probably would be very high, but I don't mind donating enough to start the server!
- Probably would need a different set of mods/admins/PLPD staff.
- Different time zones might be a little bit difficult to manage,  

Reaction score
My argument is that I'm completely ass when it comes to FPS. You should see me when im playing siege. I am absolutely dogshit at first person shooters. I've lost shit as crim its part of the game of me being terrible.
@aeo At my job atm will watch on my lunch break
its just a video of him missing all his shots on a tfu and blaming hitreg

Reaction score
At some point I think you just get used to how it plays being in the US. It's not really that big of an issue for me.
For them to say there is no issue with ping is a huge under exaggeration. Since the server slots have been increased, I literally am not able to play. Unless I plan on doing NO PVP, the server is basically unplayable for me, I can't grow cause I can't defend with 250 ping, and same goes for raiding.

It does truly suck because Perp always held a very special place in my heart, but I generally can't put my time in something that I won't even be able to properly play anymore.
I'm in this camp. After some time, I just dealt with it and learned to play with it. Now I have good enough internet + a pretty good computer. Any ping is either because I'm in a bustling bazaar/nasty shootout, or other server issues/events.

@Fredy already said it will never be a thing.
Fredy isn't God or my dad. Fredy also said "yeah dw the server isn't gonna stay at 128, now Operation Break PH Go Go Go!!" so he could always change his mind.

too little staff, splits player count
Frankly I think that'd be the NAs issue to handle. Seperate server, separate staff team, separate players.
Leaving EU PERP to be dead past 1am BST, and same for 1am whatever American timezones are, I think the ping difference isn't the worst, it has its benefits and also its negatives from what I can tell it'd benefit the staff in no way, hosting costs etc as well as having to split the staff team, needing NA staff on the EU server late, as well as NA even with the lack of current NA staff.
But kinda b.s that the best time for NA to play is when the servers full, and if you do get a spot you have performance issues. And then those issues doubles down because that's the same time when the party's over and everyone (+staff) gets off, so it's not like it's even a good experience. It's just not the same, at all.

The best way around this is to just open a second (U.S based) server. PHEU keeps there staff and players. Period. Meanwhile, PHNA is responsible for its own staff/players, and the two don't mix (unless some exception is placed, like your an Admin+, or sumn like that).

Reaction score
Fredy isn't God or my dad. Fredy also said "yeah dw the server isn't gonna stay at 128, now Operation Break PH Go Go Go!!" so he could always change his mind.
I already asked him in ooc about a future US server, he said that ping abusers is what ruins the fun. Also he dislikes Americans....good luck!

Reaction score
I already asked him in ooc about a future US server, he said that ping abusers is what ruins the fun. Also he dislikes Americans....good luck!
Ah how long was this? Also, ping abuse how? I'm sure there's a way to counteract it. I'm sure if he hated Americans so much he wouldn't allow them to join his server or accept there Paypal donations.

Reaction score
Also, ping abuse how?
To be successful in the US you have to fake the server's ping in the server browser. You can look for yourself, all the big US servers do it.

The reason it is required nowadays is because
  1. The Gmod server browser is sorted by ping, anything greater than a 60ms ping is heavily penalized
  2. The US is a huge country, most people live on east and west coast. The ping between those two sides is > 60ms
  3. All the other big US servers use it, so not using it would be a massive disadvantage and you would likely lose at least ~70% of the US' player base since people would just join those low ping servers instead
You can see this with monolith as well. They are a US server and have recently stopped faking their ping and look how they are doing now.. (not the only reason, but a massive one).

De facto, it is impossible to have a new US server pop off without faking ping, which is only (reasonably) possible using some of the most disgusting and incompetent server hosts who also price gouge the fuck out of that "feature".

Reaction score
What else can be done to sort this then?
I think the points have been made by the main owner @Fredy. If you join a EU server you should expect to have high ping. There isn't a need for "anything" to be done. At the end of the day the staff team (volunteers) are stretched on the current server as it is. Along with this fredy's word is final its his money and his dev team/work that is put into the server. Suck up the ping and move on. gg....

Reaction score
What else can be done to sort this then?
Lay a fiber optic cable from the US all the way to Europe to get a ms delay of 70 or in PERP terms, a ping of 140~.

There is literally nothing you can do without moving countries. Americans have been playing like this on our server for years with the ping issues.

Reaction score
To be successful in the US you have to fake the server's ping in the server browser. You can look for yourself, all the big US servers do it.

The reason it is required nowadays is because
  1. The Gmod server browser is sorted by ping, anything greater than a 60ms ping is heavily penalized
  2. The US is a huge country, most people live on east and west coast. The ping between those two sides is > 60ms
  3. All the other big US servers use it, so not using it would be a massive disadvantage and you would likely lose at least ~70% of the US' player base since people would just join those low ping servers instead
You can see this with monolith as well. They are a US server and have recently stopped faking their ping and look how they are doing now.. (not the only reason, but a massive one).

De facto, it is impossible to have a new US server pop off without faking ping, which is only (reasonably) possible using some of the most disgusting and incompetent server hosts who also price gouge the fuck out of that "feature".
Hypothetically speaking lets say if the US Server was to be made. Would that not fix a lot of the lag, ping, tickrate, housing crises, frame drops and probably other issues I am personally unaware of which the player base as a whole has to experience every day?

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking lets say if the US Server was to be made. Would that not fix a lot of the lag, ping, tickrate, housing crises, frame drops and probably other issues I am personally unaware of which the player base as a whole has to experience every day?
No, it really wouldn't. It would lead to fracturing the community, and people server hopping for any one of a multitude of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.